Capricious Harmony

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Capricious Harmony

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:04 pm

It's a great name for a great character. Marvel's Figment series in 2014 was really good. Figment 2 just finished and it's even better. It introduces Capricious Harmony, a young, imaginative girl with her own Spark, and distant relative of the Dreamfinder.

Back in 2013, I posted on the disboards about showcasing Disney Infinity at Epcot & Innoventions before Disney Infinity had even released. I posted again here on disneyinfinityfans months later. Guessed incorrectly that the Dreamfinder would be included in Infinity by now (and now realize that the flying Figment is probably better served as a random animation & super power of the Dreamfinder character). And now there's Capricious.

It's ironic that I have found it easier to convince the offices of IBM Corporate Citizenship for the IBM brand to endorse Disney Infinity for its educational value than to convince the Disney parks to endorse Disney Infinity for its entertainment value. I have no "inside contacts" for the parks, but until starting this new hobby, I had no contacts in corporate citizenship either. Consider the IBM THINK Exhibit event at Epcot back in 2014. It was not for example for IBM to somehow "upstage" Epcot park attractions (the exhibit sadly doesn't even exist any more). It was not to create some silo argument between the Disney Interactive division with the Disney Parks division. It was a simple pilot, with essentially no marketing, no audio-animatronics, not even Disney park signage (it did, admittedly, have a really cool pre-show video from John Vignocchi & Allison Petrek made specifically for the event, and the kids loved it). This week-long hour-of-code event showed that programming with the Disney Infinity Toy Box could be a viable attraction to Epcot & Innoventions. A huge theme of Epcot (and of the Tomorrowland movie) is the optimistic view for the technologies of tomorrow, gated only by our efforts to inspire our children to bring those technologies to fruition. The psyche of problem-solving is best addressed as early as possible, and the simplicity of the Toy Box interface brings that as early as elementary school. The IP of the Walt Disney Company and the efforts of the Disney Infinity Team make it fun for an enormous demographic. This ongoing franchise of Infinity keeps it fresh, makes it timeless. And in an industry where women continue to be so under-represented, Capricious is a perfect addition to the Dreamfinder's world.

Even if you limit the discussion to a marketing perspective, Disney Infinity would be a huge draw to the Innoventions parks. And Innoventions could showcase the capabilities of the Toy Box. If you can put it on a boat, you can put it in a park ;). Still believe that this will happen eventually.

P.S. When it does, please include the Steampunk Power Discs ;).
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions