Goofy YouTube Channelling

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Goofy YouTube Channelling

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Here is just a little more evidence that most days, I have no idea of what I am doing ;) ...

Recently found out that with 100 subscribers, YouTube allows you to customize the URL of your channel! I would love to rename my channel to goofyspaceranger 8-). Please subscribe!

In the rewrite of our Toy Box Club Activity Kit, I'm going to include a section on using Disney Infinity to make "puppet shows", even musical videos. Don't think my falsetto belongs on the IBM ODC Channel, but I'd be comfortable referencing my personal channel from the kit if I can adjust the URL. And I may have downplayed my 2016 plans for Toy Box signing in an earlier post. I plan to have at least half-a-dozen by year-end. Here's the latest:

There is a hint within the video above as to several goofy musicals that will be released later this year. Any guesses?

Side-note @Semerien - You have over 100 subscribers already. Would you consider customizing your YouTube URL? If you are amenable, I'd like to reference your channel in our Toy Box Club Activity Kit. Your tutorials are excellent.

This way, the kit could reference this fan site for collaboration, a Toy Box Master Artist for extra video tutorials, my goofy singing for puppet shows, & the #ToyBoxTutorial boxes on Infinity's Community DB. It can be used to kick-start hour-of-code events, library programs, after-school game design clubs, summer tech camps, or simply provide a lot of instructional Toy Box content for anyone who has the game at home. Fun :D.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Goofy YouTube Channelling

Postby semerien » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:21 pm

I didn't know you could do that. Go figure. You were thinking I change my URL to semerien?

And of course I'm fine with that. It's all about teaching and teaching kids is a great plan.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:52 pm

That's hilarious. I love the singing. You've earned my subscription :D

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BluePunchBuggy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:26 am

Subscribed! Thank you for your work on the Toy Box Club Kit. I'm considering starting one up at my kids school, but looking into the costs.

rank_50
BluePunchBuggy
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:27 pm

@semerien - Yes, Semerien in the URL would be perfect - matches up with the name of your channel, your IDs, etc. and much easier to remember. Thanks for the permission. There's more & more education provided through YouTube videos - I'm realizing that the videos are more valuable than the PDFs in the kit.

@Mkruzer - Thanks - they're a lot of fun - it takes a while to build the Toy Box sets, but that in itself is a fun option for Toy Box building. I'm going to describe that in the rewrite of our Toy Box Club guidelines - you never know, kids might prefer to tell a story in a video rather than a game. ShareFactory on the PS4 in particular makes the actual recording & editing really easy.

@BluePunchBuggy - Thanks, feel free to download the free PDF for Toy Box Club startups. DI 3.0 PC pricing is really great for this. With 3.0, they're selling the Toy Box unlock for just $10. There are 3 free rotating characters each week, so they're not required. There are some fairly good character bundle options, and the new pricing for the customization discs are great. So then you just need a spark bundle to start unlocking the store. There is however a big hardware jump from 2.0 to 3.0 on the PC - graphics card related I think. Make sure to check hardware requirements & double-check with the free trial download. -- kids at our pilots have really liked the #ToyBoxTutorial Toy Boxes. Plan to make a couple more this year. Last December, our high school club hosted an hour of-code event on their own with the Innovation Isles box - cool stuff. :D
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions