Blending Terrain & Vertical Rail Grinds

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Blending Terrain & Vertical Rail Grinds

Postby goofyspaceranger » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:26 pm

One of the many fun surprises in 3.0 is the new set of flat pieces that help blend different themes of Terrain pieces that are adjacent to each other.

Just as the cliff & canyon pieces have different sizes & corresponding radii, it would be cool to get a larger version of these blending pieces - that way, for larger flat Terrain, you could present a more rounded look. You might even have transitional blending pieces that merge a wide curve to a smaller one, to make some fun wavy patterns. As much as the cliffs, slopes, & rounded Terrain toys are essential to the overall 3D experience of Infinity, many aspects of the game work best on larger flat areas. Larger blending pieces would provide more variety.

On a different theming note, would still like to see a climbing pole that's included with the Rails. The current pole can't be themed, and doesn't quite synch up with the grind Rails. Imagine stacking a set of vertical Rails of candy, briar thorns, or periwinkle ice that go up & up until they level out into an upper level grind Rail maze. Fun. 8-) From the opposite direction, it would act like regular climbing pole - the character just falls.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Blending Terrain & Vertical Rail Grinds

Postby pjhaan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:55 pm

The extra terrain blends would be great. As for the climbing poles, you can select one of a few colors (grey, blue, green and beige?) I do wish they could be themed to match the rail slides though.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm

I stand corrected :D. It does make me think of another set of toys though - the locked cage, gate, & key pieces. Had posted earlier about different metal colors. What if they could get the same set of themes as the Rails? Imagine a candy cage, a briar cage, a locked gate of vines, or that neon Avengers theme. Imagine the keys of these different varieties that need to match up with those toys. That would be fun 8-). They're all cylindrical bars - how bad could it be to implement? ;)

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Here is a blanket statement: Everything should be themable! While building for the Hollywood Studios Challenge, I realized how limited the building themes were. I couldn't really get the southern France feeling I was going for.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 pm

There's the rub. Choices on investing developers/animators' time, choices on memory used in the game, choices on figures/discs/play sets, choices on the Toy Box - so we toss up lots of player requests, and see which items get juggled into the release ;).

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions