Hopes for the 4.0 Toy Store

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Hopes for the 4.0 Toy Store

Postby goofyspaceranger » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Love the PC pricing option in 3.0. Folks can open up the Toy Box for under $15 (Toy Box unlock, with a small spark bundle). This makes it much simpler proposing Toy Box Clubs to libraries & colleges looking to host Toy Box Club programs. In both of our pilots, we actually spent much more than that, for a variety of characters & customization discs, but it's the minimum price point that determines interest. On a side-note, both of these types of institutions tend to have frozen images of all software that gets refreshed often (sometimes daily), so the fact that saved Toy Boxes don't actually save on the PC is a real plus.

Setup however is a bit of a bear. Consider the amount of time it takes to unlock all Toy Store items that can be purchased with blue sparks. Now imagine doing that 10 times to set up accounts for a new club (okay, I don't need to imagine, I remember it, multiple times ;)).

Love how the 3.0 Toy Store does not categorize toys by release! Creativi-toys in one place, Terrain in another, etc. but it would be very helpful if the 4.0 Toy Store on the PC mimicked that of mobile - allow all toys on the same page to be purchased at once if you have enough sparks. You could also put the expansion game unlocks on separate pages to avoid confusion.

Would also like to see the return of the fully functional spark generator. Does it generate any more revenue when the spark generator takes say 10 hours to generate the same number of sparks that used to only take 1? For a family at home, it just means waiting more time. For a volunteer/instructor deciding on a sandbox platform considering price points, it might mean no sale. The entry-level PC version could become a springboard to the console version of the game.

Arriving at the realization that the greatest educational impact of Infinity is time spent at home, I find myself advocating my personal Infinity platform favorite, the console. But the startup, structured, activities through libraries & schools that can help drive that will be the PC. They can see the investment advantage of characters, power discs, etc. persisting across releases of a strategic franchise that will persist, but the less expensive the startup is, and the easier setup it has, the better. I am hopeful 8-).
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Hopes for the 4.0 Toy Store

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm

At minimum I would love to see a "purchase all toys on page" option. I have it on two consoles so I understand the pain of repurchasing all the toys.

Maybe even a filter to show unlocked toys that haven't been purchased yet.

I would also like e to see a buy all toys option that would purchase as many toys as your sparks can buy. It would sort by price so it purchases all of the low price toys first.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 pm

clicking through all the pages to find out toys i still need to purchase is one of my favourite things to do :roll:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:40 pm

I am going have to respectfully disagree with the Sheriff. I like unlocking the toys for use but I prefer to spend my time building or playing other people's levels.

Anything to streamline the unlock process for toys is a big win in my book. If I can click one button to unlock 30 toys I am going to do it!

It would be much better than the current process: move to next toy, press purchase button, press confirm button... repeat ad nauseam...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:55 pm

:roll:

Rolling Eyes
They're mocking you
Rolling Eyes
They're mocking you mocking you mocking you mocking you

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:04 pm

I figured there was sarcasm involved. However, the icons didn't show up on my phone...

I only see the text

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm

lol, yes, i passionately dislike looking for ones still left to purchase ... just give me a quick way to see them all :) ( < there is a smiley face you cannot see )

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:00 pm

"However the icons didn't show up on my phone..." :lol: I suspect many of my posts on these forums may have been misunderstood ;) ;) ;).

Side-note on PC/Mobile merge possibility: PC offers Play Sets, Mobile doesn't. So how might they resolve pay once for both? Perhaps PC would have the option of just purchasing the Play Set exclusive unlockables without the Play Sets. This would be GREAT regardless, for structured events with the Toy Box (even weekly design clubs) do not have time to play through Play Sets to unlock toys. In the current system, that means building with a lot of last year's toys (particularly the enemies). Still amazing, but the full Play Set unlock for the PC would be wonderful.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:48 pm

That is what I get for buying a cheap smart phone with a proprietary OS.

It is an Amazon Fire Phone if anyone even cares...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions