Marist Toy Box Club

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Marist Toy Box Club

Postby goofyspaceranger » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Many thanks to the Sheriff for the permission on this post...

I'm experimenting with crowdfunding on our latest Toy Box Club at Marist College...

This club is guaranteed to start in time for April 2nd, given my personal contribution & the personal contribution of Marist faculty. As I've posted before, I can set up a Disney Infinity ID on the PC for as low as $13. But we're hoping to bring an immersive experience to this Marist Splash event on April 2nd, with pirates, princesses, superheroes, & Jedi, with power disc theming to match. Volunteerism is highly valued at Marist, and the computer society is on board to provide computer science education to the younger students of our Hudson Valley Community with Disney Infinity. Marist hosts multiple Hackathons each year; for those in the U.S. the donation is tax-deductible, and for those working for companies with matching grant programs, that is also likely to apply (I know they apply for IBM). Regardless, all donations would be well invested & appreciated.

So far we've had success with Disney Infinity venues of hour-of-code events, seasonal library programs, and an after-school design club. Now we'll be adding college-hosted Hackathons to the mix. We've funded these programs from IBM ODC community grants, P-Tech funding, and now we're trying crowdfunding. This latest model shows promise to be very scalable - any college across the country wanting to showcase its facilities, to promote volunteerism from its students in service to their community, and to feed the pipeline of STEM interest at an age that matters most, especially STEM minorities - I hope to show that Disney Infinity is the best choice - cool stuff. 8-)

Thanks for your consideration.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions