Anything you hate about Infinity?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Anything you hate about Infinity?

Postby Guinydyl » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:09 pm

One of my personal peeves is about Community Content, not the actual game. But the players itself.

So ever since Disney allowed non-challenge winning toy boxes to be submitted, I've noticed a lot of poorly made toy boxes with a title like 'Awesome World' or 'Epic world' or something like that, when it's quite the opposite.
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Anything you hate about Infinity?

Postby Boy Wonder » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Personally, my biggest problem with Infinity is the inability to unlock or use certain toys. I find some of the toys unattainable due to the incredible difficulty in what it takes to unlock them. I have found that with such a diverse game, I don't always have the skill to overcome some aspects such as racing. I also don't know anyone that is willing to pick up a controller and help in these endeavors. I have also encountered glitches with every version in which I unlock a toy, but am not given access, even after resetting and completing the same mission over. I find the only way to access certain toys is to wait for the next version.
Along the same lines, I am frequently disappointed when some toys are not designed to be used because of the way the game is coded. This happens most often with the theme changer not recognizing terrain, such as the Inside Out terrains.
Not being able to access toys has curtailed my desire to engage the Toy Box, which I initially considered to be the most fascinating part of the game. It just stikes me as counter-productive to use a system that prevents access to players willing to invest so much money into the game.

rank_0
Boy Wonder
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:45 pm

I can forgive the "epic" and "awesome" boxes as they are most likely being uploaded by children.

I agree about the unlocks. For a game that is supposed to be so much about building, locking away so many useful items behind maddeningly difficult feats and challenges is extremely frustrating. I much preferred the ones in 2.0 that, while still not easy to get, only amounted to a primarily some INterior decorations. Essential franchise Cast Members and items should never be hard to obtain IMO.

I think my most hated thing about the game is the lack of real size difference between consoles in the Toy Box. While the PS4 and XB1 can enable more detailed and intricate boxes to be made that won't work on the older consoles, the basic parameters of the Toy Boxes remain the same. I don't play Minecraft, but I did see it stated that the world size on PS4 could be 36 times as large as one on PS3. I would welcome that kind of optimization for "current" gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:33 am

It's collective nature (I don't hate it but my wallet does)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:35 am

I don't like the glitchiness of the toy store! I have purchased the Millenium Falcon no less than 6 times on my two consoles. When I buy it, I save and exit but it didn't take. I lose 10,000 sparks and had to buy it again.

I also wish that the unlocks were account based. So, once I unlock something on one console, it is unlocked on all the consoles linked to the same account. It would save a lot of unnecessary replaying of levels/missions.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:18 am

Hating is a big word, but i do dislike the fact they have all those ''exclusives'' and ''America Only''. It makes the price raise up to high.
And i dislike the (Cruiseline) Magic Band, coz i can't get one of them here in the Netherlands. So every time i can't unlock these ''special'' items. Not in 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0
One big issue is that i can't use the playsets from 1.0 and 2.0 into 3.0. Yes i know the reason why but it's still irritating.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben
Main Console: PS4

Postby Boy Wonder » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:39 pm

@Romulus
I started playing Infinity on an X-Box 360, and experienced the memory limitations first hand. I could never build a box of any significance and was very restricted in what I could download and play. Ultimately, I upgraded to a PS4 and considered the memory problem resolved. Having never submitted a toy box, I never even considered it would be an ongoing issue until you brought it up in the context of a toy box builder.
I assume that you would have to decide before you begin weather you would want your toy box to be compatible with older consoles or not. I imagine it would be incredibly frustrating to try to accommodate other platforms. How do you test it without loading it onto an older system? Do you even bother to cater to older systems? It seems like it would cause a lot of headaches to try and reach a wider audience.

I am also not fond of the disparity between interior and exterior toy boxes. I realize that they can be linked together, and you can trick the game to incorporate interior toys into an exterior toy box, but sometimes these are just not practical options. They almost feel like two separate games. Any effort to mesh the two together would be greatly appreciated.

rank_0
Boy Wonder
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Infinirama » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:39 pm

I'm very disappointed that I can now access Flynn's Arcade, but can't seem to get a fourth player... Any peak times where I can experience multiplayer?

rank_50
Infinirama

Postby Hanzo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Only thing I hate is having an Xbox One and not being able to use any 1.0 playsets. Also kinda annoying how weak most 1.0 characters are compared to the newer characters.
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions