Your Disney Infinity story

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Your Disney Infinity story

Postby Letthewookiewin » Sun May 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Disney Infinity is undoubtedly an incredible gaming platform that captures the Disney magic better than any other game has. The only thing better than the game itself is the community that supports it. We all have different backgrounds and come from different walks of life, but we all share a love for this game.

As we may be looking at the end of the line for Disney Infinity, and more importantly a change in this incredible community, I figured it would be nice to have a thread in which everyone can share their own Disney Infinity experience. How did you start with Infinity? What has Disney Infinity meant to you? What is your Disney Infinity story?

rank_0
Letthewookiewin
Main Console: PS4

Re: Your Disney Infinity story

Postby Letthewookiewin » Sun May 15, 2016 6:40 pm

I had been aware of DI since its inception but never paid much attention to it through its first two iterations as I labeled it a cheap marketing gimmick. Then one summer I found a cheap PS3 12 gb bundle that had the DI 2.0 starter set bundled with it. The PS3 was a gift for a group of nephews and nieces and I figured they'd get a kick out of the game. Watching them play the game for the first time, seeing the excitement in their eyes, and hearing my nephew exclaim "I am Iron Man" as his character flew around the Marvel playset opened my eyes to what this game meant to kids. But it wasn't until I actually sat down with them and started to play around in the Toy Box did I realize the scope and magnitude of what Avalanche had created. It was part Minecraft, part Little Big Planet, part Mod Nation Racers, and all infused with true Disney Magic. I walked away from the experience knowing I had misjudged the game.

Months later I purchased the kids the 3.0 Start Set, Toy Box Takeover, and Toy Box Speedway along with a couple of their Disney favorites like Jack Skellington and Elsa as a gift from Sandy Claws. To see them running around exclaiming it's the coolest thing ever having Star Wars, Elsa, Jack, and the Avengers racing each other warmed my heart.

Before I knew it, I had purchased my own copies of 2.0 and 3.0 on the cheap and spending time trying to master the Toy Box so I could craft worlds, games, and stories that I thought the kids would enjoy. DI figures had become the top item on their wishlists and a means to share Disney magic with them. I had accumulated my own set of figures for them to play with when they visit, and had ultimately hoped the series would endure for years and possibly become something I'd share with my own kid(s) one day.

When I heard DI was ceasing production my heart sank as I knew I may be losing a connection to those nephews and nieces, a connection to my own sense of childlike wonder the game had unlocked, and the hope to share such a platform with my own future family.

I envy those of you who were able to enjoy DI from the beginning. For me the ride has been a short year, and has ended far too abruptly.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun May 15, 2016 9:05 pm

my story ... i set up the DisneyInfinityFans.com forums the day that Disney Infinity was announced ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon May 16, 2016 12:25 am

My story - as soon as I seen a video of 1.0 (a games conference interview) I wanted it and got it that christmas. Was hooked immediately

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Mon May 16, 2016 3:44 am

It's one of the few games I can play with my kids, of any age or stage. And they all know the characters. We're a foster family, so it's great that any child can pick a character they like off the shelf and jump right in.

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Mon May 16, 2016 4:12 am

I remember first hearing about the game when Polygon leaked it back in 2012. I was not sure what to think of it, but In January of 2013, I was Blown away. It looked like a game I had never known I had wanted. Given My love for Wreck-it Ralph was Blossoming, Seeing Ralph and Vanellope in the trailer made me excited. It was to be my first time I could tell Stories about my Favorite Disney Movie IP Wreck It Ralph? I asked. Nonetheless, I was unsure and skeptical about Infinity. I found out about Disney Infinity Fans the same month and for both January and February, I lurked these very forums looking curiously astonished and amazed that such a game would come out that would let me play as my favorite characters from Disney owned Properties. Later, In march, I joined in Unexpected hype for Disney Infinity. That was when I was starting to consider owning the game.

As I recall, I didn't really decide to buy it until around late august, early September when I was on Cloud 9 for the game, dreaming of the day when my favorite Marvel Superheroes/teams (Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Many more) along with Star Wars characters and Indiana Jones characters could meet my favorite Disney and Disney/Pixar Characters In game In the toybox.

Throughout 2013 and 2014, this game became special. I had previously had a small Interest in Disney, being a Major fan of Tigger In the First and Second grades, but through Disney Infinity, This along with watching Tangled had become my Gateway to my permanent Disney fandom, as well as admiration of what Disney has done over time. As a matter of fact, It was Disney Infinity that sparked my Interest in Frozen as a Disney Property surprisingly! Having said that here's A funny story, It was when I stumbled upon bits of Anna's personality during an online Toybox session with others along with multiple times where I wanted to have characters meet her in game that I fell in love with Frozen. Without Disney Infinity, my favorite character from the Property would have not been Anna. And boy oh boy, is she such a fun character when you own her figure! :)

I Finally got my dreams to come true as in 2014 and 2015 both My Favorite Marvel Superheroes and Star Wars Characters joined the game, and man oh man do they capture the spirit of those franchises! Especially when they went to great lengths to not only have John Boyega and Daisy Ridley voice their characters Rey and Finn from the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, but they literally made a version of Captain America that looks super uncannily like Chris Evans its crazy!

Even though the game was Improved in 2.0, It really wasn't unitl 3.0 that It started to shape up into a truly special game, as In 3.0 we got things that made sense for the game such as a better title screen and Main menu, a crazy in-depth Fleshing out of the Toy Box's features and content, a finally awesome Marvel Playset through Battlegrounds, An actual crossover game where Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars characters teamed up to stop the Villains from taking over the Toy Box with hillarious Dialog from Merlin, amazingly improved racing features from the team behind Sonic and All-Stars Racing, astounding Combat from the developers of the Devil May Cry reboot, Ninja Theory, Kingdom Hearts content for once, a great Hub world, amoung others, It was great. Especially the Marketing.

They are releasing a Finding Dory Playset which is supposed to add Water Mechanics to the Toy Box, finally! which Is awesome.
However, that said, Disney Infinity Is supposedly ending, and that Sucks, as this game was Special to millions of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm fans like you and me here on Disney Infinity fans as well as even Brandon Jones of Easy Allies speaking up about it's end.

Yeah Disney did say part of Disney infinity's demise was the overstocking of figures and a lack of sales, but that's just wrong. There was a fanbase for this special game for crying out loud and it was welcoming.

But, the one hurdle It has always seemed to face was being restricted to recent releases of films and TV, which Is something that could change as the story of my love for Disney Infinity is relentlessness and to see Infinity go is to see a part of my Disney Fandom die out and it would be a massive blow to my heart if they did not have a full back up plan to save the game franchise that Is Disney Infinity. I remember when it was announced to be ceasing production. I was deeply saddened. the Studios behind this game, both Disney Interactive and Avalanche Software, are shutting down, and man, Do I feel bad for the millions of passionate developers for the game franchise that are losing jobs! They looked childlike and excited to work on this too! It was as if they were fans like us. That does include John Blackburn and John Viniocci who were the same way, as well as advocating the idea of it being successful.

Even though I could Rage at Disney for giving up so soon in a Market where companies like Rockstar games and Warner Bros. Games have proven with their games that there is a point to being in the gaming industry, This IS Disney we are talking about here. A Company that has touched our hearts from the beginnings of our childhood to our fandom with the company all the way to the fact that they own literally all of our childhoods through owning Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Muppets. And, to allow Disney to give up so soon on an Industry where their biggest Competitor Warner Bros. has proven that major media companies can in deed win over millions of people and gamers into playing their IP, Disney can't just give up so soon. Look, maybe they do need to rethink their strategy of becoming a truly major gaming powerhouse, and I concur. But, It isn't Disney to give up like that right?

That Is why to save Disney Infinity, it would be most probable that since Hasbro has expressed Interest in continuing Infinity, maybe Hasbro along with their biggest partner, EA could save Infinity! Maybe they could go beyond promoting just current film and TV productions and also go BIG, go obscure and go to the past when it comes to Properties to add to the game. We need this incredible game series to continue one way or another and this may just be it! I just can't let my Disney Infinity Story end so abruptly when It's already just begun.
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Mon May 16, 2016 6:38 am

I started following Infinity since its announcement but didn't join the forums until much later. I loved the prospect of all these universes coming together and the toys to life idea sounded cool to me. I remember getting the first game on launch day with my brothers. I was 13 then and am 17 now. Through these years, I have had many memories shared with my siblings and even more with people I have met on these forums. This was more than a game to me. It was a community, a place I could hang out with friends from across the world (literally made friends with people from the UK spanning to China).

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby -DC- » Mon May 16, 2016 12:49 pm

I was aware of the first iteration of this game through the Disney channel network as it was constantly being advertised at the time. I remember doing a quick search at one point to check the cost and decided at that time it was too costly to get into. When 2.0 came out I revisited it and ended up coming on board just after the holiday season. It has been a great way for my daughter and I to share some of the Disney experience and create some magic together. :)

I found out about this place the moment I had questions about the game. It's been an invaluable resource for information.

rank_50
-DC-

Postby Hanzo » Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I got into Infinity very late, just this past December. Got the starter kit for my daughter and due to my compulsive personality I started to amass everything I could Infinity. Hunting sales and deals I bought a ton of stuff. Spending hundreds and hundreds I have a shelves full of characters, discs, albums, playsets and games.

Then the carpet was pulled out from under me.

I certainly hope the game remains playable after their servers go down, and that some other competent game company takes over.
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions