Your Disney Infinity story

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

#SaveDisneyInfinity Campaign

Postby DizExplorer03 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Hey guys! My team and I are proud to announce the beginning of the #SaveDisneyInfinity Campaign! Our goal is to have our voice heard about our community and trying to keep Infinity alive and what better way than to do that than to make a video? Make a video of yourself talking about your favorite character(s), toyboxes that you made (if you made one), and your favorite memory that you've ever had that's Disney Infinity related. Then share the message and encourage other Youtubers to do the same. So what are you waiting for! Let's get this campaign started!

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Your Disney Infinity story

Postby goofyspaceranger » Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Really like @DizExplorer03's idea - I'm going to make a new goofy music video - but have limited build time, and would like to include multiple builders anyway. Don't know if the official Wonderland block art challenge is still on, but would any PS4 builders be willing to share their boxes (recognizable DI Fan IDs please)? I'm going to sing Pink's "Just Like Fire" (the lyrics fit fairly well) and having several community Wonderland boxes would make it better. 8-)
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Tue May 17, 2016 4:09 pm

My Disney Infinity story starts at the beginning. More specifically, before the beginning. I first found out about Infinity when Nintendo uploaded the trailer to their YouTube account, and thought it looked really cool. I bookmarked the website, which back then was nothing but a couple gameplay clips surrounding a countdown timer. At the time, I wasn't much of a Disney fan. A couple of their movies were my favourite, like Wreck-It Ralph and Pixar's Monsters series, but my heart was with Nickelodeon. (Boy, they've gone downhill, huh?)

It wasn't until my parents announced their divorce that I returned to Infinity. The website had been revamped into closer to what it is now, and I was hooked. Initially, I was going to collect everything with my mother, going as far as to preorder the Xbox 360 starter pack with her. But then there was a large family scandal, which unfortunately is still a continuing theme in my life to this day. I ended up moving to Okotoks with my father and his then-girlfriend now-wife, and her then-ten-year-old son. His previous stepbrothers were incredibly abusive, so he was instinctively terrified of me. And I don't blame him. I wasn't much proud of myself, either. I hated my school, constantly being bullied by not only students, but staff members, too! Could you imagine, a young child being told by his teachers there is no place for him in the world, and his vice principal using him as a scapegoat for whatever tragedy befell the school? Most days, checking Infinity was the only thing that kept me going, and this site made the pain go away.

But that was in the past. I had a new problem, now. How was I supposed to manage a new life? I was thirteen when I moved, and Infinity launched. I remember how I told my brother. My dad and his girlfriend were out doing something (probably moving things in the old house) and it was just me and him. I pulled out my laptop and absently started whatching Infinity stuff. Then my brother came over, and asked what I was doing. I showed him everything there was at the time: the reveal trailer, playset trailers, character trailers, all of it. He was ecstatic, and began the wait with me. It was then that I knew; Infinity is going to be what will help us bond.

The release day came, and him and I bought almost everything available. We got the Sidekicks pack, the Villains pack, the Dash and Violet standalone figures, and so many Power Disc packs. (The first one we opened had the Rare Dumbo disc - ha!) Later, my mother dropped off the Starter Pack, and when I showed him, he almost fell off of his trampoline he was so excited! He rushed inside, we booted everything up, and played as Sulley and Mike in the pre-made Toy Box world. (Our starter pack disc was the rare Buzz Lightyear disc - double ha!) We would continue to expand our collection, buying and receiving characters, Playsets, and Power Discs for years to come.

I will admit that 1.0 did get boring after a while. The building got limited, Power Disc hunting was expensive and frustrating, and eventually we ran out of things to do in the Toy Box. The only thing that never got old was the thrill of getting a new character. That being said, my brother still wanted to get 2.0, yet I didn't. I wasn't a Marvel fan at the time, and none of the announced Disney Originals were any I was looking forward to. I told him this, so know what he did? He got 2.0 all on his own! The Marvel starter pack for his dad's, and the Toy Box starter for us. I got Merida, and he got Stitch. We played the new Toy Box, and I was completely blown away by all of it. Everything was improved, revamped, and exciting! So, I was back in the game once more. I even started watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe so I could understand everything. 2.0 was probably the most responsible for my shift towards Disney, because it gave me the most to catch up on.

Finally, 3.0 rolled around. Everything stayed largely the same, but this time it was the content that was expanded. More Playsets, less restrictive Toy Box Games, and even farming were added. Mulan, a favourite character of mine, and Olaf, one of his, were the main two Toy Box mascots this time around. Star Wars joined the fray, so we watched that for the first time, and we loved all of it. So, I decided Infinity would stay in our lives for a while longer, as long as they wanted to make it.

...Which, as we all know, wasn't much longer. As we near the end of Infinity, I come near the end of the game series that brought me close to my brother. It didn't seem fair at first. But then I realized it may just be time to say goodbye. Him and I went from avoiding each other to basically being best friends. I'm 17 now, and he's 13, the same age I was when we first met.

But for everyone else, it doesn't have to end. He brought to my attention a petition to sign that might save the game. It's a long shot, but I'm taking any chance I can get.

Come now, brothers and sisters, let's all come together! All it takes is, as we all know, a little spark of imagination...

(If it is against the rules to add a petition, I'm sorry. If you remove it from this post, I understand, but please PM me informing how we plan to act on this)
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat May 21, 2016 10:12 am

My son randomly asked us to 'trade' a couple of games for Disney Infinity at CEX, after watching some Youtube vids. I had heard of it, but had relegated it as just another Skylanders, which i thought was incredibly shallow and repetitive after us having GIANTS. After buying the 1.0 starter pack for only £12 last year we were soon hooked, and I quickly began putting many more hours into the game than my son. I got hooked on the figures and toybox, and have completed our 1.0 and almost 2.0 ( no Yondu or Ronan ) collections. We have about half of 3.0. Like many we have come to the party late, and despite having a cracking 6 months, are devastated to have found this great game in its 'twilight'. So sad. - I plan to continue modding figures however ( another hobby it has spawned ) and am about to make a Ghost rider from Tonto ( ?! ) RIP

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Avenger222 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:43 pm

I had first heard about infinity when it was announced. I thought i'd just buy a few figures.

Then i saw the toy box gameplay and was hooked. I pre-ordered the 1.0 xbox 360 starter pack and went all in on day one. (except for the cars and lone ranger figures.) Shortly after i went in and picked them up. I kept going with 1.0- and when 2.0 was announced, i was over the moon. Not only were there awesome marvel characters, but some of my favorite disney characters too? yes!

then 3.0 rolled around. 2.0 had left me a bit uninterested but i came back. 3.0 really improved on the things 2.0 lacked. And i was surprised to still be getting new content after the game's launch- ant man was a nice surprise!!

but now it's over. well, almost. I have my alice figures on pre order, and I plan on ending infinity he way it began- at the gamestop by my house as soon as they open, on june 17th for doy and nemo. Then i'll pick up a few of the light fx guys and other figures i lack once the fire sales begin.

rank_100
Avenger222
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DizExplorer03 » Sat May 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Here's my Disney Infinity story/statement. Sorry. If it's very lengthy. Poured my heart and soul into this.

Just recently, I was shocked when I heard the news that Disney Infinity, a toys- to-life video game series, has been cancelled. It came out of nowhere and their fans were not pleased by the unfortunate news. How could this have happen? Why do their employees and their fans have to suffer? The game series, in my opinion, has been Disney’s best idea for a really long time. Giving the players a chance to play as their favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars characters was pure genius. It also gave them a new creative outlet, especially for an artist like me.

I was born autistic and was so weak and fragile that I was guaranteed that I would not survive. Fortunately, I was adopted by my loving diverse family and was able live to where I am today. Although, I was not able to talk until I was 5 years old. It wasn’t until I was introduced to art, music, and Disney hence therefore it helped me find a way to communicate with others. I would dance along to “Step in Time” when Mary Poppins is playing on TV, draw many Disney characters that I cherish, and would sing many Disney tunes, especially when I visit Disneyland. Ever since then, I have always wanted to become an artist, illustrator or an animator for Disney someday since it helped me come out of my comfort zone and made me who I am today. It has also encouraged me to keep my dreams alive and to fight for what I love. Soon, without any warning, my life was about to change.

Back in 2013, Disney had created not just another video game, but one with infinite possibilities. Once I found out about the game, I knew that it was something that I would love and I had to play it. Once I got the game, I was instantly hooked. It was unlike any other Disney game that I have played. It gave players, young and old, the opportunity to recreate worlds from their favorite stories or conjure up a new one from their own limitless imagination. Like an artist, a blank toy box becomes their canvas just waiting to come to life. With the wave of the Infinity Wand, anything was possible. From building a fun racetrack to challenge your friends on to building your very own recreation of Disneyland, the choices were up to them. It was a hit and soon the Disney universe was expanded with the help from some comic book superheroes and some Jedi from a galaxy far, far away.

As the game continued to grow, so did its community. Unlike any other game that I have played, the community truly is the highlight on what makes Disney Infinity so special. John Vignocchi, Allison Petrek and the rest of the community team truly does care for their fans and treat them like family. They would ask us what WE want in the game, which characters WE want to see and what WE think could be ways to help improve the gaming experience for everybody. They would even host their own fantastic events called Toy Box Summits, where they would invite their top best Toy Box Artists and celebrate all their hard work and their dedication to the community as well as promote their upcoming title. Last year, I was fortunate enough to be invited to last year’s summit and it truly was a dream come true. I met with other Toy Box Artists around the world as well as the team who help made Disney Infinity possible. Not only that, but we were also made members of their Community Advisory Board where we would help make key decisions alongside with the team that would make the series improve.

Unfortunately, due to the recent news, that won’t be happening anytime soon. Ever since, the whole community was devastated. Was it joke? Was it a horrible nightmare that we hope to wake up from? Sadly, it wasn’t. On that day, the whole community became broken. Many had hope to build their dream toy box projects, see their favorite characters come into the franchise or with any luck in the future become a part of the team and create new magic to everyone in the gaming industry. But, sadly at this moment, those dreams will never become a reality. For instance, during last year’s Toy Box Summit, we Toy Box Artists had the opportunity to select one Disney character to add into the game as a way of saying thank you for all of your time and dedication. We all collaborated together and came to the conclusion that we want none other than Peter Pan to come into the franchise. Not only is he one of my all-time favorite Disney characters, he is a major character in Disney’s history. He symbolizes childhood and youth and inspires all us to have faith in your dreams. Sadly, it seems that he will be staying in Never Land due to the cancellation leaving many fans and dreamers brokenhearted.

Providentially, if there is one thing that Disney has taught me to do is to never give up and never lose sight of your dreams. Despite of the supposedly decrease in profits, fans all around the world have started to rebel and spread their message. From inconsolable kids to the diehard Disney fans, it is truly a sight to behold. An online petition on Change.org has been filling up with signatures as well as personal stories that tugged on many heart strings as much as any Pixar film. This clearly proves that Disney Infinity is not just a game, but a life changing experience. Families have come together and bonded more with each other. Youtubers have Let’s Play videos about them praising its innovation. Furthermore, we are witnessing what started off as a large group of fans who happens to be strangers coming together as one to raise their voice to keep their dreams alive. A wise man once said, “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” And that’s what we are doing. Like the Rebel Alliance, we are joining together to fight for what we cherish in our hearts to keep the dream alive. There are many solutions to this predicament and we hope that Disney would take note of that and notice how important Disney Infinity is to our lives. As the Disney Infinity team would say as they close their out their episodes on Toy Box TV, “If you can dream it, you can do it.” - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14284&p=175901#p175901

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions