Signs of Hope to #SaveDisneyInfinity

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Signs of Hope to #SaveDisneyInfinity

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:08 pm

There are now many indications that a Disney Infinity reboot is being attempted.

@DisneyInfinity tweeted "...There are no plans for further updates on the Toy Box 3.0 app, but keep an eye on the Disney Infinity website for any news!" and in a separate tweet "...All online services are still available, and we have one more update scheduled for later this month!" These tweets make no sense on a fully cancelled product, not even as lingering automation message. Why would they spell out 3.0 for stopped updates then hint of more to come in future website news? Why would there be any kind of update later this month? When @brian_s_nelson was asked about one of them, how can there be no response from him as the role in Disney comms, other than to say he does not own that Twitter account? If there was a release-independent version of the Toy Box app being planned, but not finalized, then that all makes sense.

@JohnVignocchi continues to tweet stuff like "cannot comment on it right now" regarding the chance of a reboot, weeks after his explanation that the stop of "vertical" development means no more DIRECT publishing of Disney Infinity by the Walt Disney Company. I asked him which goofy music video he preferred, "Goofy Just Like Fire", or "The Jungle Book Toy Story", and yesterday he answered, "The first one". That video is unmistakably a #SaveDisneyInfinity video - and I'm fairly sure no one would prefer it for the singing ;).

There is still no warning on the official Disney Infinity website of servers going away - a PR issue if not a liability issue, particularly for the full-connectivity PC licensing still being sold there. It makes no sense for a fully cancelled product - unless of course there are plans being attempted to maintain services via a reboot.

There's nothing official. There's nothing conclusive. There's nothing assured. We need to be patient. There are all kinds of reasons why they need more time. Time is not always the enemy ;).

And while we're waiting & hoping for these imagined plans to be finalized, there are a few things that we can do -
- Drive more signatures on that petition - it could be a negotiation point for various parties
- Build more Toy Boxes, on whatever character/theme/genre that you like - the reboot could use them!

As for me, I'm going to start working on a 4th #ToyBoxTutorial box - plenty more Creativi-Toys to cover 8-). And our volunteer team has resumed work on the "THINK Infinity" Creativi-Toy reference app - it's a good risk. Happy Thoughts.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Signs of Hope to #SaveDisneyInfinity

Postby mr.incredible125 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah, if @Disney Infintiy said, there could be news, the ship hasn't sunk yet :D

rank_100
mr.incredible125
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby pleakley » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:51 pm

So there is another confirmed update before it end then... That could sort out the text problem we have if we are offline...

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

rank_100
pleakley

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Don't want to make it seem impossible but don't want people to get hopes up just for them to not come true.

The update they are talking about is the Xbox 360 update. Unfortunately we are reading too much into this, JV is most likely still under a NDA and can't comment about anything at the minute, (of course it's possible he is negotiating but it's highly unlikely).

Brian nelson doesn't always reply so his lack of response could be nothing, I did tweet him saying that the account is replying with answers that suggest the game isn't over but he hasn't replied.

Just retweeted the petition again though.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:50 pm

The official Twitter has been replying like its a robot or someone reading off a authorised reply sheet from pre-news

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinirama » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:17 am

And they always have. When dealing with the AppleTV blackout it was maddening trying to get answers from them on Twitter. I still reply to confused people who can't get straight answers.

rank_50
Infinirama

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions