BLUE SPARK High Score - Disney Infinity XP

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

BLUE SPARK High Score - Disney Infinity XP

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 pm

It dawned on me when my son walked into the room and pointed out to me how many more SPARKS I had than him, that it thought about how the blue sparks become value-less when there is nothing left in your toy store to purchase with them. Without anything new to buy or a new play-set with new items, they simply accumulate like a 'score'. Even though this is now inevitable as result of no new content, they have become almost a marker of how much time we put into the game, Very much like Xbox XP points. Unfortunately 'spark farms' make the recording of them difficult, as it muddies the water somewhat and will rely on honesty. But I just wondered what kind of number we are at out there, for anyone that hasn't 'farmed' too much or simply played play-sets? - Or for the hard-core what number can we get to as the the bar seems to allow for up to 9999'999 ( 7 digits ). 'Back in the day' my old table-top video games used to reset to Zero after reaching it's maximum of '9' digits. I'm personally sitting in the 60'000s. Where is everyone else at? Can anyone even aim for 9999999? And what will happen!?

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: BLUE SPARK High Score - Disney Infinity XP

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:47 pm

OK. Well I'm over 100K now.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:31 am

Muddied-waters-post... ;)

There are several ways to track progress in the Play Sets & Infinity overall - such as Feats & Trophies, and with 3.0, the ranking titles. Since we've had the ability to generate sparks from the original launch, Infinity's use of Blue Sparks haven't made a whole lot of sense. I'd still like to see simpler controls for generating your own when you're designing your own game. I really liked the change in 2.0 that split the spark colors, purple for specials, green for healing, yellow for experience, & blue for "currency". There was even a Toy Box TV Hints & Tips video on creating a spark burst as a reward within a Toy Box. I'd still like to see a Spark Burst Creativi-Toy that could produce an explosion of a particular color, or a mix, with Locator toys support, to avoid combining some hidden Enemy Wave with a Trigger Area & Kill Switch.

If the Toy Box reboot would consider "dismantling" the Toy Store, and simply unlock sets of toys as part of the reboot storyline & instructional Toy Boxes, then the game designer could have the option to reset the Blue Spark count to 0, and add them back per the game design. Blue sparks could be the better currency for Tower Defense style games, where the in-game "Toy Store" (restricted edit ribbon) determines placed defenses. There would need to be a Properties update to choose them over Infinity coins, flowers, gems, etc. and of course the larger increment of purchase pricing. With the ability to reset them, and incrementally update them, Blue sparks could be another form of counter for Toy Box game displays & single-player Leaderboards. From an overall theming perspective, the notion of Blue Spark Count in Toy Box Game design just seems fun.

On a side-note, whether it's the original Counter toy, a Counter synched to Blue Sparks, a Scoreboard, or a Team Scoreboard, it would be cool to see Properties that could dynamically change a counter's multiplicative modifier, such as x2, x3, x5, x10, x1/2, and back to x1 (perhaps even to x-1) to make scoring games more interesting. The modifier would apply whenever the respective counter was incremented. Game designers could think up all sorts of ways for these various modifiers to come into play. It would improve lots of different types of Toy Box Games.

Given the existing mechanics of spark generation, I don't see Blue Sparks as XP; I see Blue Sparks as the symbol of recapturing the Imagination of the Toy Box, where the key to the story (& the business model) is to leverage the creative talents of the Disney Infinity Community. 8-)
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 pm

I am now into 'silly numbers' with sparks, but it will be interesting to see ( as it was in 1999 with the 'millenium bug' ) what will happen when we max out the spark counter. Did they think that far ahead? - Could it cause a software crash and virtually kill the game? :o - Whose closest to filling the metre?

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:14 pm

we stopped after one million ...

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:04 am

I'm about to hit a quarter million, whilst playing THE FORCE AWAKENS play-set through again.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions