More Princess Needed!

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: More Princess Needed!

Postby altiareagle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:34 pm

^I certainly hope so, Princesses are great for sales and for enjoyment. No matter age nor gender. :D
They can't stop making princess movies, or at least i don't think so.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Postby hpotter29 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi eerybody. Just jumping in here. I was enjoying reading these posts and somebody mentioned the supporting characters, and somebody else mentioned Princess Aurora.

I spent a little time trying to figure out what I'd have to do to make Aurora work as a DI character and had a hard time imagining her running, jumping, flying helicopters, etc.

HOWEVER, then I started thinking about secondary characters from the film and I can TOTALLY see Merryweather getting all mad and blasting away with a laser gun. She could also have a magic wand and temporarily turn people blue. That'd be fun and true enough to character.

MERRYWEATHER the fairy for DI!

Also, how about Nala? She marries a king so possibly she's a Queen, but she's a terrific fighter and it'd be cool to pilot a powerful lioness around the Toyscape.

OK. Daydreaming.
hpotter29
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby altiareagle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:51 pm

It'd be so cool to have stealth for hunting other characters but sadly people don't think quapeds would work in the game. :(
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.

Postby buckmana » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 pm

*hangs disbelief from the highest point in the room*
You have problems with an 18th century princess using modern gadgets, but a 17th century pirate doing the same thing is okay? :P

I looked up Aurora to see if she had any special abilities and apparently, she doesn't.
Apparently though, she's number 2 in the princess ranking (I think Belle is number 1).
Not sure how she got her high ranking, according to the article, she has the least onscreen time of all the princesses in their movies.

So, I doubt she'd be a good character to put in DI, not without combat abilities.
Actually, now that I think about it, most of the Disney Princesses wouldn't make good fighters.

I'd say only Ariel, Anna, Elsa, Merida and Mulan can hold their own in a fight.
Rapunzel would also be capable of defending herself, but I wouldn't rank her as formidable as the first five.

I don't know if Pocahontas has any talent in self defense, she has physical skill, but not as a warrior.
Also uncertain about Jasmine.

Tiana is an unknown quantity, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's got some moves.

But as a general rule, if they can't convincingly be the "action girl" instead of "damsel in dis dress", then they wouldn't make a good playable character.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Rapunzel. » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 pm

@hpotter29 I was the one who mentioned Aurora! And.....I can totally see her doing all those things! If Elizabeth Swann could become a swashbuckling pirate, and Rapunzel a frying pan master, I think Aurora could kick some robot butt with a laser gun while riding a hoverboard! haha! :D
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.
Main Console: Wii U

Postby hpotter29 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:11 pm

I suppose you're right, Rapunzel. I guess I have a hard time imagining her film character doing it, but a toy version of Aurora in a toy box could easily wade in and pulverize as many dragons as she wants to with whatever weapons she most enjoys. They ought to throw her a Samson Mount Power Disc as well just because he's cool.

I stand by my point that Merryweather would be the most gutsy fighter however. It's too easy to imagine her going all medieval on some bad guy's butt. :lol:
hpotter29
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Turbo-tastic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:32 pm

The fact you can have any character use whatever items (apart from Cars) really makes this entire 'Princesses fighting issue' a moot point. This is a video game with Disney characters as toys; not anything canon to do with the actual movies. Therefore Aurora fighting Omnidroids etc. is not weird at all.

Though I'll also comment on the Merryweather suggestion as being awesome; because Merryweather has attitude, and she'd be a great playable character.
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

Postby buckmana » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Yes, with readily available weapons, the lack of a princess having combat skills isn't really an issue.
Except that it is.

Try to follow the logic train here.

As far as I can tell, each character needs two specific attacks as core abilities.
That is, they must have these attacks without using a weapon or anything else that will be supplied via unlocks.
The first attack is a short range melee or ranged attack.
The second one is a heavy ground pound attack.

I'll use Anna as an example (since I know her best).
Her close range attack is to hit enemies with a small spade (I presume it's from her mountaineering equipment).
Her ground smash attack involves throwing a grappling hook (also from the mountaineering equipment I guess), leaping high and then reeling in the rope fast to hit the ground hard.

So, each Princess would need these two attacks.
That means, they'd have to come up with a believable way for each Princess to attack her enemies.
If they don't have weapons or the ability to use weapons, then what could they do?

I mean, even Rapunzel has a frypan, even though it's not a real weapon, she used it as such during the movie.
Which is why she has it in Disney Infinity.

Merida would have an interesting fighting style if she comes into the game.
But I wonder if they'd actually do it properly, since I've never seen a precedent for it.
Basically, she'd have a short range melee attack (sword) and a ranged attack (a bow).

I suppose the Lone Ranger comes closest to that, since he will ram enemies physically or shoot them.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Turbo-tastic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 pm

^This is a video game, and if Disney want to eventually have other Princesses in Disney Infinity, they will find a way to do it... it may take a bit of improvisation but its possible. This is Disney INFINITY after all.

If all else fails she could whack enemies with her basket from the forest scene...
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions