^Mario will be in the next movie, dunno about Luigi though. lol
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

Re: Wreck It Ralph 2

Postby buckmana » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:38 pm

I actually liked the ending with Calhoun.

But as to Turbo/King Candy surviving, that's not possible.

The only reason he survived his game being unplugged is he wasn't in it when it was turned off.
I imagine he was hiding in the Game Central Station somewhere for several years, waiting for a game he could take over.

Also, as he died outside his game, he won't respawn.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Turbo-tastic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 pm

^I kinda explained how he could of survived in Sugar Rush... he had put his code into the game, hence becoming a proper character in Sugar Rush. Its by no means certain, but there's a chance he could of regenerated because of this. He wasn't just a character from another game in Sugar Rush, like Ralph... he had hacked it. I wasn't talking about him surviving RoadBlasters being unplugged (it would of been RoadBlasters, I doubt he went back to TurboTime in between trying to take that game over and them being unplugged). He did just escape from that game. I think when we see RoadBlasters glitching its Turbo's first failed attempt at hacking a game, rather than him just driving around on the screen. lol

Does make me wonder where and how he was hiding in Game Central though. It was quite a while between RoadBlasters and Sugar Rush. Oh and did the other two racers from TurboTime get out in time too?

If we look at Game Central from the outside in the flashback scene, its different from the one Litwak uses now... random fact.

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby spidermanfan99 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:42 pm

^i really don't think Turbo is coming back
"With great power.........comes great responsibility."

rank_250
spidermanfan99

Postby Turbo-tastic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:47 pm

^Probably not, but I like to theorize. :D And hope... I can hope... I doubt they could make a better villain than him for WiR 2 anyhow...

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby spidermanfan99 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm

^ how about a villain from a consle game like Bowser or Dr Nefreis?

rank_250
spidermanfan99

Postby Turbo-tastic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 pm

^Well then it really wouldn't be a Disney Villain, the main villain of the movie should be a Disney created character.

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby spidermanfan99 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 pm

^good point, also i think i figured out the story of Wreck it Ralph 2, they said they were going to explore consle gaming at home in the 2nd so here is what i think is going to happen, someone buys the fix-it felix jr arcade and brings it home and plugs it in, and Ralph and the gang can go in to the consles

rank_250
spidermanfan99

Postby buckmana » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 am

Except for one minor problem, when Vanellope reset the game code, it severed King Candy's connection to the codebase, so it would have rejected him as foreign code and would not have respawned him.

Also, there's a subtext that when someone is absorbed by a Cy-bug, their code becomes foreign code and is no longer part of the game.
Hence, all the panic and screaming, nobody would fear a Cy-bug in Sugar Rush if they'd just respawn after being absorbed by them.

Well, Ralph, Felix and Calhoun would have reason to avoid this, since they wouldn't respawn.

As to where he was hiding, I have no idea, but it would have to be a good place, seeing as nobody realized he was there until Vanellope ruined his cover.
It's also possible he was jumping from game to game, looking for the perfect one to take over.
Or it could be that Turbo was a master of disguise, changing his appearance so he couldn't be recognized.

I doubt the TurboTwins had a chance to escape, given how badly Turbo treated them (just look at the way they scowl at him when he wins the race), he would not have warned them he was gamejumping or even planned to.
And now I'm wondering how the Surge Protector missed Turbo sneaking around without catching him.
Maybe he was too busy chasing Ralph! :lol:

I'm uncertain if this is still the plot for WIR2, but the art book has some background information on a deleted scene (you can see that scene on the WIR DVD) where Ralph goes to an online game.
The way it was explained was, that if you plug a computer into the arcade's power circuits, the characters can move into that computer via the power cord, much like they do by moving from console to console.
And since Mr Litwak had a laptop computer in his office which was running an online game, Ralph and one other character jumped into it using this method.

I remember reading somewhere that will be the plot for WIR2, Ralph and Vanellope causing chaos in the internet gaming world.

As for villians, well, that's complicated.
It was established that the game villians are only pretending to be evil, they aren't inherently malevolent.
And the Cy-bugs are just stupid, they have no idea they are game villians.

So, I'm not sure where the villian could come from.

These are some possibilities:
An existing villian decides he wants to be evil for real!
A hero of one of the games decides he must hunt down Ralph for being a bad guy and inadvertantly becomes a bad guy in pursuit of a mistaken agenda to "be the big hero".
Or the villians could be anti-spyware programs, chasing Ralph and Vanellope down to "delete the internet viruses".
Or the villian could actually be an internet virus, trying to learn the secret of "game jumping" in order to take over every computer and game device in the world.

And one really out there idea:
Turbo had a backup copy program, in case he was deleted.
The backup activates, makes a new Turbo and continues his agenda.

Also, along those lines, what if there's another TurboTime game out there?
I mean, there's never just one console of an arcade game, there's hundreds.
So if another Turbo gets loose, he could replace the one who was killed in Sugar Rush.

rank_1000
buckmana

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions