Re: Welcome all parental figures!

Postby J1M » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 pm

rank_50
J1M
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby wantedgamer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 pm

I just wanted to way in on my situation. My eldest girl is 5 and she finds the controls and concepts a little hard to grasp. However I find if I play with her in the split screen she doesn't seem to mind. I like how when I achieve something she gets the same reward animation. It really promotes a team effort event though I have done everything. lol

rank_0_ftb
wantedgamer
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby J1M » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:11 pm

My 5 year old twins really liked the game - this is the first one that they have had to use controllers for (they have played kinect Sesame Street and Disney Dance in the past). One was more eager to play, and really liked just walking around the toy boxes looking at the other Disney characters. We had a play of the Monsters Uni game and were very impressed. My other daughter didn't play much, but sat open mouthed at the opening sequence and the cameos from other characters. They did spend the whole day asking when they would find and play Rapunzel! Have to wait till December for that. Overall - really impressed as a good positive, fun game.

rank_50
J1M
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby ZeroOctane » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 am

HEY ALL...Brand new to the forum. I have two boys, 7 & 10 who are both avid gamers, focused on Minecraft. I tend to focus on RPGs and RTS games...but I am completely in love with this game. My oldest playing it quite a bit, as well.

At this point, we have collected all of the retail characters, but only a few of the power discs. I am incredibly excited about where this is going, and having a blast incorporating our Minecraft skills to this game.

rank_0
ZeroOctane
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Fishalicious » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:04 am

I have a 9 year old little avid gamer (also minecraft obsessed) and he is loving the game although he is not the biggest Disney fan, he was in the Disney is for girls mode. We have the starter pack and a few discs. I love that it is not just an easy walkthrough game with a bit of fighting like Skylanders but that you need to think a bit more, has an open world and need to figure certain things out...good for the little grey cells. Biggest surprise has been my husbands obsession with it (hardcore gamer) every opportunity he get's he is behind it - between the two of them I hardly ever get a go to play.

rank_0
Fishalicious

Postby longsh0t » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

I have 3 girls ages 20, 16 and 7. The 2 older ones play Sims and some FTP MMOs but weren't into gaming as much as my 7 year old when they were her age. She loves Skylanders and couldn't wait to get into the Toybox for DI. Her favorite so far is Violet but even though it won't happen she keeps wishing for an Adventure Time playset (which would be AMAZING btw).
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
My Collection
XBL and PSN - kuerv0h

rank_50
longsh0t
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby watcher_b » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:53 pm

hello! I have a 1 and a half year old, so she really isn't playing too much. But she does get really excited when the game comes on. I sit on the floor with her and she kinda crawls around and every now and then needs to come over to me to figure out what I'm doing with the controller and try pushing buttons herself.

When I was playing through the intro level and Rapunzel showed up and talked my daughter just about lost it with excitement. No idea why. She has never seen the movie, but just something about the animation and the voice, so I am super excited to get that figure when it comes out.

I figured that this game will last at least a few years and by the time she is in preschool these first figures will be hard to find! So I'm making sure she'll have plenty of options to play when she is older.

At least, that is how I sold it to my wife. "See honey, this game is for the baby!" ;)
watcher_b
Main Console: PS4

Postby Tinker Tom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:34 am

My daughter is 5 and loves it. 6 week ago I tried out skylanders with her because she really has not gamed that much. She liked it, but wanted "to explore more than combat".

Disney Infinity is great. We have fun in the toybox and at 5 with a little bit of help she is getting the level modifying capability and has been building her own world. It helps that we have a Wii U that has a easy tough interface.

Disney Infinity is great for Kindergarten kids.

rank_100
Tinker Tom
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby PixarToonie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm

I am not a parent, but I have a 4 year-old cousin who really loves Monsters Inc. I hope soon he can get the game and play with Sulley, Mike and Randall like he does with his other Disney toys
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gaming parents