How often do you plan to let your child play?

practical parenting gaming discussions

Re: How often do you plan to let your child play?

Postby SHROUD » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:00 am

My daughter is 3, and currently only very occasionally wants to play on the PS3. She is far more interested in playing with the figures, I quite often see her with Disney Infinity character, a Skylander character having tea with Winnie the Pooh in her My Little Pony castle :D .

That said if I left her alone she'd play on the IPad all day, so when the PS3 (other consoles are available ;) ) grabs her attention properly, we will use the same system as we do with the IPad. After 30-45 mins we give her a 5 minute warning to let her know she has to stop and that we'll do something else. This works really well, as she mentally prepares herself for it, rather than just having it taken away. I love tech and feel it is very important children get involved with it, or risk getting left behind, especially in todays society, but like everything moderation is the key :) .

rank_0
SHROUD
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: How often do you plan to let your child play?

Postby Soubi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:00 am

^^ That sounds EXACTLY like my little one! (She's 3, she'll be 4 in December) only to add would be the fact that sometimes in the middle of playing she will hand off the game to mommy or daddy for us to help her do something she can't seem to figure out

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity gaming parents