@ HollywooD
You wrapped it in one word
"Yay!"

rank_50
axonometri
Main Console: PS3

Re: E10 and up

Postby chriscwest45 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Yeah my 4 year old probably won't get the playsets in terms of being able to follow the missions, but If I make him an arena in Toy Box and dump enemies, balls, cars etc. on it he will go nuts.
chriscwest45
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Tinker Tom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:36 am

I let my 5 year old play it and she has fun just running around.

rank_100
Tinker Tom
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Skellington0327 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:10 am

@hollywood my brother and I are exactly like your kids. I'm 25 and he's 11, but when we play in playsets together I want to collect all the things and I don't like missing anything and he just wants to run around and shoot things. That's why I love toy box, while he's creating enemies and defeating them, I build things in our toy box and I don't have to worry about his shenanigans.

As for the rating, I think every child is different and like someone else said, you know your child and you'll know if a game is something they can or can't handle.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ntnon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:17 am

On the guns issue, has anyone else noticed that the guns in the Lone Ranger playset have the requisite red plugs in the barrel that universally signify Not A Real Gun...?!

I see the rating here as less of a prohibitive 'Don't play it if you are under 10!' and more of a recommendation that 'You mit not enjoy this fully if you aren't around 10'. And I can't really disagree - it's just that you can still enjoy most of it even if you are 3+, and that probably a game-savvy six-year-old can do as well as anyone, if they have the dexterity and drive.

rank_500
ntnon

Postby tangled&tron » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:15 am

My nephew is like 6 I think... and he plays DI exactly how you would play with an animal farm wooden blocks set in RL... he just pretends. For example in the Lone Ranger set I keep telling him... see that guy... go talk to him to do a mission (aka... you don't have to pretend, lol), but then he just likes to collect all his horses and put them in the barn... and then name them... and pretend to feed them... then take them so they can ride around on the train... watching him happily ignore all those green capsules like totally messed with my borderline OCD collect everything mentality. :lol: Same with the toy box... he just made like his house of blocks, paints it weird colors and put all his animals inside and was just content doing that.

My other nephew who is 10 plays it for real though... does the missions and thankfully collects stuff, so I don't have too. :D

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby luckyto » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:20 pm

I play with my 8-year old daughter and she loves it. Infinity is THE BEST GAME we own for playing together.

rank_0
luckyto

Postby ShakaDaSky » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Didn't realize the game was rated E10+. But why give it that rating when the figures are rated ages 6+? So the kids can play with the figures, but not the game?

Anywho, my son is 5 and LOVES Disney Infinity over Skylanders simply because he can build stuff. He likes to fly around with Buzz's jetpack and green goo gun and shoot everything. Shooting cars gives them monster truck tires and he shoots animals and drop kicks them. lol. classic. But as long as he's having fun, that's all that matters.
I sense a disturbance in the Force ... false alarm, just the Big Mac I ate

rank_100
ShakaDaSky
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby TheButcherJB » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:39 am

My 4 year old loves it, He loves just walking around the city and blasting stuff. He helps me finish missions, we just finished the Avengers Ply set piece. Now to level them up!

rank_0
TheButcherJB
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity gaming parents