Gabe's (Penny-Arcade) parental review

practical parenting gaming discussions

Gabe's (Penny-Arcade) parental review

Postby watcher_b » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:58 pm

http://penny-arcade.com/2013/08/19/disney-infinity

I just wanted to share this review of the game from Gabe over at Penny-Arcade and how DI works with his family. I love his comment about how much better the game is to play with his son as opposed to Skylanders because of the split screen.

I visited my brother down in California a few weeks ago (before DI came out or I would have gotten the game for them) and watched him and his kids (4 and 6) play the Wii U together. Having younger kids is a real challenge to have a game the family can play together as the children will often hold the adult back. This game allows everyone to play together while at the same time letting everyone do what they want. It is great!
watcher_b
Main Console: PS4

Re: Gabe's (Penny-Arcade) parental review

Postby Agent C » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:09 am

I have thought a lot about family gaming lately. Infinity has really been great for my two kids. In the Incredibles set they have fun. The split screen is worlds better than the Skylanders coop. That causes a constant amount of fighting. Infinity is not that way.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Gabe's (Penny-Arcade) parental review

Postby Tinker Tom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 pm

I like it with out the split screen, and reduces stress.

At the same time watching my 5 year old be "tied" on screen in Skylanders has also allowed her to learn about team work and cohesion. While it is good to go off and do your own thing (which I like about DI) there were some lessons about working together the way Skylanders is set.

I also like that money on a playset is pooled, so you work together to earn things when plying DI rather than Skylanders where you can have one player be a bit greedy.

rank_100
Tinker Tom
Main Console: Xbox One

Return to Disney Infinity gaming parents