pjhaan's Toy Boxes - Updated 3/3/2016

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share information relating to their own finished Disney Infinity toy box creations
please only post finished Disney Infinity toy box creations and not works in progress in this forum

pjhaan's Toy Boxes - Updated 3/3/2016

Postby pjhaan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:11 am

On July 5th, 2015, I submitted a request to change my Disney ID from PJEAGE to pjhaan to match my forum name. It was approved and active on July 30th.

Search for toyboxes by pjhaan

I have decided to split this up into different categories. The categories will be Challenge/Contest, Fun, Community Helper and finally, boxes made by my kids.

Challenge/Contest Toy Boxes
Autopia
My first box was Autopia for the Tomorrowland challenge. There are two working tracks in this toy box. You can choose to take a leisurely drive or enter a race on either track. I have some updates planned for this one as I didn't get a chance to finalize everything to my liking before the challenge deadline.

Plinko-Mania! - Featured Toy Box - #5
This was for the Carnival Games challenge. Answer trivia from various Disney/Pixar movies to earn more shots at the Plinko board. Special thanks to @fdanielix for helping convert the logic on the game to a Challenge Maker and Toy Box Game! Who knew my problem was with Proposal text in a challenge maker?

Summertown, USA - Toy Box Summit Contest
I spent about 3 weeks slowly building the first version of this box. Saturday, two days before the deadline, my toy box stopped loading! It caused my Wii U to perform the dreaded Buzz of Death at least half a dozen times. With less than 48 hours until the deadline, I had to start from scratch! This is the result of that quick remake. I had to drop a lot of the more complex logic that I loved in the first version just to get it done. I "completed" it 25 minutes before the contest deadline.

The 11th Labor - Featured Toy Box - #2
This is my entry for the Hercules Challenge. I took the shell of the Zelda Level I had created (not yet submitted) and converted it for the theme. This box lets you choose the camera angle for the level. You can play in a top down view or as the standard 3D view. I am most proud of the top down view. Each room in the dungeon is hooked to a target camera. The version for the Hercules challenge is a lot harder (IMO) than the original Zelda version I made.

Old MacDonald - Featured Toy Box - #3
My entry for the Artist's Choice Challenge...the final challenge for 2.0. This level has three challenges and the main challenge should have a leader board. The main challenge is "Horse" jumping. Jump twenty gates on your trusty steed (Archie or Sven) to get on the leader board. Either I stink at this or it is pretty difficult to jump twenty gates without missing one. I did find a way to cheat so I know how to stay at the top of the leader board. The other challenges are a barrel run race (timed but no results) and a Hay bail collection challenge using the stage coach.

This level also contains my first animated block art and an easter egg with a cut scene. My memory was pegged so I couldn't add a couple other challenges. I did add an old west town and a small petting zoo for decoration.

Mulan's Honor
My entry for the Character Challenge...the first challenge for 3.0. This level has three challenges. The first is a training mission like the original movie. Mulan has to climb the poles to retrieve collectibles. The next challenge is a vertical platforming section with an auto scrolling camera. You have to stay within range of the distance checker (35). The final challenge is the final mountain pass battle with the Huns. This is the only challenge that is not replayable. The memory was not working with the replayer.

The Memory Dump - Featured Toy Box - #4
My entry for the Inside Out Challenge is my first to feature multiple linked toy boxes. Riley's core memories have fallen into the memory dump it is your job to go down and get them back.

I had some trouble with the Satellite Receiver and level starters so the final cut scene in the main hub didn't work. I worked really hard on the resubmitted version to fix most of the issues that the original box had. I hope you will try out the updated version;

Star Wars Parade
My entry for the Parade Challenge doesn't have much in the way of gameplay.

Welcome to the FINAL YEAR of Stars Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Line up along Hollywood Boulevard and take in the parade, a fan favorite. There may be something for 'fans' of the Sorcerer's Hat to do as well.

Pixar Grand Prix - Honorable Mention
Welcome to the first running of the Pixar Grand Prix. There are four races from famous Pixar film locations. Race stops include Radiator Springs, Nomanisan Island, The Axiom and The Monsters University campus. #SpeedwayChallenge

One track has tornados to avoid, another has two seasons (each with a different vehicle) and a third has pranks to avoid. The fourth is a pretty standard oval track with choke points at the turns.

LMA Stunt Show! - Honorable Mention
Take in a lot of the action from the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. This action packed attraction will close this spring. #HollywoodStudiosChallenge Part of the #WDWProject

Four scenes spread across four different toy boxes.

Heroic Harmonies
Welcome SHIELD Agents. The villains have put our heroes to sleep. Today's mission is to thwart their plans using a secret weapon...music! There are multiple situations to play through. Created for the Super Hero Headquarters Contest.

Collectibles Arena Battle
Welcome to the C.A.B. - Collectibles Arena Battle. The object of the game is to survive and collect as many gems (one color) as possible before the time runs out. Watch out for booby traps and weapons around the arena. The arena is also filled with special collectibles that will impact the challenge or the arena itself. Multiplayer recommended. #CollectionChallenge

Fun Toy Boxes

Greenhill Zone 1
This toy box is a recreation of Greenhill Zone 1 from the original Sonic the Hedgehog. Complete with my first block art! It took me a very long time to do this level and I am very happy with the layout and effects. I replicated the waterfalls with effects generators and simulated the crumbling terrain with replayers. I am NOT happy with the enemies though. I had so many issues with enemies, I decided to omit them. The level is really about the look and feel.

The Legend Of...
This is a recreation of the first dungeon, The Eagle, from the original Legend Of Zelda for the NES. I used the framework of this level for my featured Hercules Box. I decided to finish this and post it because I wasn't able to get the leader board on the Hercules Box. This one does have a leader board. The enemies in this version are a little easier as I was going more for a room-for-room recreation.

Community Helper Toy Boxes - These are boxes that may not offer diverse game play but will help members of the community.

Spark Plug!!!
This is the spark generator I used to level up all of my characters. There are two towers so you can level up more than one at a time. I deleted everything from the level except for the twin towers. I changed the terrain and textures to make them look like spark plugs.

This was removed from Community Content but is still available to my friends on both 2.0 and 3.0.

ATV Guide - 2.0
In this case, ATV stands for All Terrain Visuals. This box contains all of the built in (aka: non-Power Disc) Terrains, Sky domes, Tree Sets and Race Tracks. Each time you enter an area, the sky dome will change (if applicable) and the Name of the terrain will be displayed on the screen. At the beginning of the level, there is a teleporter to each of the 21 themes. So, there are 42 teleporters, 21 trigger area, 22 text creators, and just under 20 Sky Changers. Each Terrain has a consistent layout so you can tell what the same piece looks like in different themes. The Lost Empire is missing the Monolith though as it glitched out of the box and it was too full to add it back.

Created by my 9 year old daughter Ava

Rescue Mission
My daughter's entry for the Prehistoric Challenge. She has done absolutely everything in this box! It contains a sling shot challenge, two dinosaur rescue (aka townspeople collection) challenges (one in a maze the other on cliffs), a race track, and a HUGE block art Rex. I am only play testing this level! The only editing I did was to hide the creativitoys since it was passed her bedtime :)

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: pjhaan's Toy Boxes

Postby pjhaan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

I am approaching completion on my recreation of the first Dungeon from the original Legend of Zelda for the NES. I have all of the rooms set up as well as a majority of the enemies. All the cameras are hooked up and working too. There are a total of 21 target cameras in the level. There are two block arts (one to start the level and one to end the level).

The only obstacle I have left is unlocking the doors with the kyln key cards...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:13 pm

*Congratulations*
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:25 pm

I am in process of changing my Disney ID from PJEAGE to pjhaan to match my forum name.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:18 pm

So close to done with the Zelda level. I have one enemy generator misbehaving and one door not cooperating.
I added a "playstyle" option at the beginning of the level. The proposal text asks you to choose between NES and N64. Hopefully, people know NES would be top down and N64 would be 3D. If you choose N64, it deactivates all of the trigger areas for the cameras. Choosing NES leaves everything in top down mode.

The last thing I want to do is add a challenge maker to give you the option to do it as a timed level. If you select cancel, I want you to still be able to explore the dungeon though!

It is shared with friends should you want to check it out...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 pm

I would love to see the Zelda one. I want to make a Diablo inspired design, but am going to wait for 3.0
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:36 pm

@braintumorwarrior - It is close to done!!! I have a few things left to fix and more testing to do...

It was put on the back burner for the Toy Box summit contest though...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Added the toy box for the Hercules Challenge: The 11th Labor

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Got an email back from Disney Support saying my account name has been approved and should take affect the next time I log in. Tried logging in and it is still the old name...I will give it some time.

On a side note, I set up an account for my daughter so she can submit her dino box under her account.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity finished toy box creations