pjhaan's Toy Boxes - Updated 3/3/2016

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share information relating to their own finished Disney Infinity toy box creations
please only post finished Disney Infinity toy box creations and not works in progress in this forum

Re: pjhaan's Toy Boxes

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:52 am

Added a link to my daughter's box as well as a note saying mine is featured box #2.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby StoryShtick » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 am

Congrats! Now you need to update your sig.

rank_50
StoryShtick
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:38 am

Thanks and done!!!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: pjhaan's Toy Boxes - Updated 7/30/2015

Postby StoryShtick » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:51 pm

I played your daughter's toybox - very impressive! I really liked the maze. One problem with it, in the dinos on the cliff challenge I found about 13 dinos, couldn't find anymore, and then I quit the challenge. May have just been a one-time glitch, but I thought I'd let you know.

And I played your Hercules level too - really enjoyed the dungeon crawl. Thanks!

rank_50
StoryShtick
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 am

Some of the towns people wander off the cliffs. One time, I found one of them on the other side of the maze. That is one of the downsides to the friendly wave generator. You can't stop the characters from moving. :) She tried the stop watch to freeze them but it froze them so much you couldn't pick them up.

I play tested that challenge about 5 times and they were always spread out from wandering. I know all fifteen generated each time I tried. I will pass on your comment to my daughter :)

I am glad you enjoyed them both!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:17 am

Well done I can see some of the Ocarina of Time influence. After I finished I used Iron Man to take an overhead look (minus invisible barriers) That is some detailed camera and locator work my friend. How long did it take you to finish?
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:55 am

That is actually a recreation of the first dungeon from the original Legend of Zelda. Once I figured out the camera placement on the first room the rest went pretty smoothly.

The problem I ran into was trigger areas disappearing. Each room has at least two trigger areas: one for the camera that is deactivated by the opening question and another for the enemy generators. The rooms with the locked doors have a third trigger area.

It was definitely a labor of love. After "The 11th Labor" settles down I will post the original Zelda version of the level. The enemies are a lot easier as I was going for authenticity and not challenge.

It was a few weeks working a couple hours a night. I think realigning for Hercules took about 10 hours due to toys disappearing and having to redo logic.

Oh...and redoing the block art took a couple hours.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: pjhaan's Toy Boxes - Updated 8/3/2015

Postby pjhaan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:44 am

Organized the boxes into Challenge and Other groups. Added the future link for my Spark Generator level that I submitted to Disney tonight. It says "approved" but more times than not, my boxes get to Disney blank...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: pjhaan's Toy Boxes - Updated 8/3/2015

Postby pjhaan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:40 am

Added a new category for "Community Helper" boxes. This includes my spark generator and a new Terrain Guide I put up for 2.0. I will do Power Disc versions of the Terrain box next.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity finished toy box creations