Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

Postby BenFleischman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 am

I'm actually making progress on toy boxes now! The patch has made everything much less frustrating for me. I've experienced zero glitches with Creativitoys that glitched for me before. And most importantly, the townspeople are staying in place every load up!

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby fdanielix » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:34 pm

^ My only problem is that my default character spawn point (checkpoint) is being ignored when I load my toybox. The characters spawn at random locations!
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:16 pm

For me, it only works for whatever checkpoint I set before saving. The default thing has never worked for me.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:49 pm

rank_100
BlackWidow

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:45 pm

^agree wholeheartedly

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 am

Thanks @Elmo_STM.

As an addendum, I just want to make sure it's clear, though, that I do not blame any individual or think that anyone working on the game wants to do less than the best work - I completely empathize with them, because I've been in similar situations before, and I know that you can only do what you can do with what you are provided. No one gets more upset about things not working than those working on the game. That's why this is really a resource issue. Games take 2-3 years to develop, and Avalanche/Disney are heck bent on putting one out every 11-12 months. The only way that is possible is if you put a commensurate amount of resources behind it to compensate.

Before the patch, I had a toy box that was 90% complete that was like nothing I have ever seen. Eight levels, combat, puzzles, exploration, all in a unique theme that I haven't seen anyone try. Intricate effects, hidden secrets, camera tricks that blew my mind were possible. Ten minutes of true cut-scenes, over 100 lines of interactive dialogue. I easily spent over 100 hours on it, testing and testing until everything worked perfectly. I found ways to deal with the progressive bugs (trigger boxes suddenly not working on load when they worked 50x before), etc. Just waiting for that "big patch" to finish things up.

And that is the kicker - it WORKED. I had to spend a lot of time working around bugs and unintended behavior, but it worked. The possibilities in this system are incredible. But once the patch hit, it was a nightmare to keep everything working. And then when I finally pushed through and got to 95% - the entire system gave out and I can't even load the game anymore, much less finish it right now. Thankfully it was in the cloud, but I'm going to have to unlock everything all over again to complete it - so I'll probably just wait until I upgrade my system if I have to start a whole new DI from scratch and re-unlock everything that took me two months to do in the first place.

Thing is, I'm not special. At all. What this all made me realize was - this is why we don't see those kinds of Toy Boxes. Because once you get to a certain point, no matter how diligent you were in putting it together, no matter how much testing you do, no matter how you figure out how to work around/within the system, once stuff starts to bug out, you're done. Those are the core issues in the game that need to be addressed - corrupt saves, level start/triggering bugging out (which can ruin an entire level), and things like how the replayer works (it needs to lock down after the recording is stopped, and just play that locked recording back identically each time - but it seems to instead re-write itself every time it's used until it magically picks up other surrounding objects).

It's why I have a "bad feeling about this" when it comes to Star Wars. I know the Star Wars creative community is going to be all over this like nothing you have ever seen - it will attract 10x the amount of folks that Marvel did, and that's a conservative estimate. I can already list you 20 different ToyBoxes that I personally can't wait to try to make, and that's just off the top of my head. Being able to create games around the most beloved franchise of all time is just a dream. But if these core issues aren't addressed - and the game just rushed out as 2.0 was - not only is it going to be a heck storm of epic proportions, but worst of all - we'll never get to play all the thousands of awesome games that I know the Star Wars community is just itching to write.

rank_100
BlackWidow

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:42 am

@black widow I've stopped my toy boxes until I upgrade too. I'll play others toy boxes to tide me over though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 pm

I've built a few toy boxes since the patch, it still feels like my wings have been clipped and I'm on the PS4. I'm having to think smaller, I'm creating a race track for the battle challenge and last night the graphics bar moved up half way and there is zero logic even applied yet and i've barely started decorations. It is frustrating, but compared to 1.0, I still think its a huge leap forward and hope the patches can fix some of these issues. The toy box has got to have more time spent on making sure things work, its not just infinity, but it seems all games are being rushed because too much money is at risk... I'm enjoying building in 2.0, but when people talk about why aren't the toy boxes bigger and able to do this and that, its simply not possible at the moment with the bugs. I downloaded and played the #1 toy box for the gravity falls challenge and the main rollercoaster wasn't working...this just can't keep happening, its a video game with people spending hundreds of dollars on, its not a $15 minecraft purchase. I hope they spend much more time focused on getting the toy box working perfect for 3.0, they've got lots of issues to fix and we still want new features. And that doesn't even go into the issues with 1.0 characters or the lack of playsets. I love the game, but I can't be blinkered into thinking there isn't problems with it that need to be fixed. I'm glad Disney are listening to fans, the members on groups like this and others, are only a small section but we are more vocal. I want a 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 etc.. so I want things to get better.

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:36 am

Does anybody know if there is going to be a patch to fix vehicles appearing out of place? This has been happening since 1.0
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys