Cruise Line Magic Band

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Cruise Line Magic Band

Postby Lightyear9358 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:23 pm

I'm looking for some help here. I have just added the last Power Discs to complete my DI collection. The only thing I'm missing to complete the collection is the accessories from the Disney Cruise Line Magic Band. I see there are Magic Bands available on auction web sites. Does anyone know if I were to purchase one, would it still unlock the accessories, or is it too late? If it were to still work, from what year should I target? I saw postings from 2015 on this forum regarding the Cruise Line Magic Bands, so I'm thinking that is the year I should target, but am hoping for some confirmation. Thanks in advance for any help!

rank_0
Lightyear9358
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Cruise Line Magic Band

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Well the demand would have dropped out I assume, so we should be seeing more sensible band prices. But would it work? I think so. When I used my regular magic band it was literally instant, making me think that it was an immediate software recognition unlock, rather than an on-line 'authorisation'.

Whether the date matters? I'd guess yes. But then again it all depends if there something 'special' on the older bands chip, or whether the Game/console is simply recognising the 'basic' band, which ever gen it is. Who knows.

I would still like to get that hardest unlock and am interested how this pans out.

- More questions than answers but heh, we're still chatting on Infinity Fans, and that's never a bad thing ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lightyear9358 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 am

Thanks for the reply BionicKoalaBoy, there is a few of us out here still hanging onto Infinity - proof of a great game. The popular online auction Bay has Cruise Line magic bands for 2015 & 2016 going for significantly more money than more recent years. Are they that rare, or are they holdouts from the DI days? Too much of a risk for that kind of money I’m afraid. I guess I’ll have to see if they come down at some point in the future to try it.

rank_0
Lightyear9358
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Tilarta » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 am

I did try to order one of the cruise bands from the official Disney store website, but it would not let me have it because I am Australian.

After all the unpleasantness of trying to DI related items from Amazon/online resellers, I don't trust any of them to sell those products anymore.
I assume the price for power discs is just going to go higher as time goes on.

Not sure if that applies to the Cruise bands, if there's any factors limiting which ones we need to buy.
Like if we need to get ones from specific years because after the game closed, they removed the RFID chip recognized by the game.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys