March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

Postby craigbarnes88 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Marvel has proven they do have a commitment to Disney infinity. The Disney infinity figure of black panther is the main feature of the upcoming #1 issue of the black panther comic.

rank_100
craigbarnes88
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:52 pm

I'd guess that Marlin will be playable with some kind of Nemo summon attack.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Infinityfan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:19 pm

@Romulus77 I imagine it the other way around with Nemo as the playable character and maybe Marlin to summon as an attack. But I doubt that will be an attack for him. Nemo is definitely the more popular character out of the two and you can't have Finding Nemo characters without Nemo! Definitely Nemo and Dory, maybe Marlin, Bruce, Crush, whoever is in Finding Dory etc as playable characters but at the very least Nemo and Dory have to be figures. :) I think the next Next will be early May maybe early June if they do it seasonally as this one was called Spring 2016 edition.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 pm

It has to be in May otherwise they'd be skipping the Alice premiere.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Vidia » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:55 pm

Is Nemo really significantly more popular than Marlin though? I think it depends on the roles they have in Finding Dory. Nemo is conspicuously absent from the scene in the trailer where Marlin is with Crush. It's possible that he doesn't actually go with them, in which case we would definitely see Marlin instead of him.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby OpossumGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:39 am

And I mean after all, it'd be a Finding Dory playset, not a Finding Nemo one. :P I definitely think Marlin would be the one they go with out of the two.

I'd probably bank on the Finding Dory playset to include Dory, Marlin, and Hank (Ed O'Neill's octopus character), mainly since he seems to be important to the film from what little we've seen of it, and he could feasibly be less limited on land than Dory or Marlin (that and it'd give them a base if they ever decide to do Ursula, haha).
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:39 am

I'd be really surprised if nemo and dory weren't included. Marlin (despite being a huge part of finding nemo) isn't as big a character. Is there much merchandise for him? (Genuine question).

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Going back a couple pages to the discussion of a cross-franchise battlegrounds style playset for all figures...

While it may still be true there are no cross-franchise playsets, I definitely think the idea that the franchises can't co-mingle, per some sort of Disney mandate, is outdated. There's certainly more wiggle-room on that now than there was Pre-1.0, Takeover and Speedway are tangible proof of that. One could argue "Those still aren't playsets, they're toybox games" but... it strikes me as splitting hairs frankly. They're special clear plastic pieces you buy separately, to play a specific side-game. How different are they from playsets REALLY? I realize differences exist... but so do similarities.

That said, I understand that with certain styles of playset we could never have every figure playable. Only the cars work in a Cars playset. Only fish work in a Finding Dory playset. That makes total sense. But with an idea like Battlegrounds, most, if not all characters could certainly be adapted to that style of gameplay, in a story similar to the one in Toybox Takeover. If they had to call it a "Toy Box Expansion" rather than a Playset to sidestep some wacky rule Disney may or may not still have in place, so be it, but I'd love to see it happen regardless.

As I said, Toybox Takeover is my favorite gameplay mode to date, as I think this game is at its funnest when it's not limited. I love being able to explore ALL the franchises with ALL my characters. And I hope there will be more focus on stuff like this in the future, whether it's branded as a "Playset" or not.

rank_0
Gillbob316

Postby Vidia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:10 pm

It's been said by a couple of people, but I think we could easily have a Disney Princess playset of some sort. Disney have released a couple of games where you're able to travel between the worlds of various Disney Princesses, and obviously we also have them all appearing on Sofia the First as well. They could easily take inspiration from those two things and come up with a playset that at least all the characters from the Princess movies could be used in.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys