Exclusive King Mickey Debate

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: My fears have come true...

Postby da-nothing » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 am

I don't think we'll ever go as far as to get Cloud or Sephiroth (even though I'd love them), the outrage would be biiig. "Getting figures of games almost completely unrelated to Disney before X classic character?!"

I would expect just Sora and Riku, maybe even Roxas and Xehanort at some point. Although hopefully we'll get Moogle townspeople, Heartless/Nobody/Dream Eater enemies and maybe even some assets from Traverse Town.

rank_100
da-nothing
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 am

I won't take part of this discussion, but to the people who were asking if the disc has a slot in the Hall of Heroes: the D23 King Mickey disc does NOT have a slot in the Hall of Heroes.
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks for the clarification Jose that was my question, hope you don't feel discouraged after all the excitement and amazing things the team has done this week. Summit looks like it was amazing. 6 awesome figures announced too :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:05 am

Thanks Jose, hope y'all had a blast at the summit this year! I hope that eases the minds of some of the completionists. Like I said before, I'd prefer there not be characters or items in the virtual checklist (HoH) that are exclusives, that's almost mean to give us constant reminders that we may never complete the game lol.

I think this doesn't bother me because I'm also a big MMO player, and anyone familiar with the genre knows that exclusives are common and nothing new. I've always said that DI is the closest thing to an MMO without actually being one, what with a developer that listens and updates their game according to their fans.

Speaking of which, it wouldn't surprise me if because of this backlash DI decides to release this pd in the future. That's the only reason I'm hesitant to buy this disc right now.

I also doubt we would ever get Cloud or Sephy, they're just on my "fantasy" list lol. Along with Darth Nihilus and Darth Revan.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Vidia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:17 am

You know in hindsight, this kind of exclusivity is really nothing new to Disney collectibles. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of pins that are way rarer than this power disc. I think my personal rarest is something like a limited edition of 150.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby wherestron » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 am

Well they did say it would never be SOLD at retail. They never said it wouldn't be a bonus item... Loophole? Perhaps the PD will come with a Sora figure or KH playset or bundle down the track?
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby braiko » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:52 am

@wherestron

If it was available in a bundle/playset down the track that was available for purchase, that would count as being sold in stores.... The only chance is further free giveaways at other events. Or at a stretch, a future pre-order bonus?? I can hold out hope I guess...
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby wherestron » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:03 am

Or you can fork out $250 like I did. Not sane at all...
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby LittleBabyBlue » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 am

Not happy about this. For me it's a clear sign that they are stil testing the waters, checking to see if they can make more exclusives and how far they can take it. Making something and giving it to a few people where maybe 1/3 are fans, and that 1/3 represent maybe a thousandth of the fanbase. That's not doing something for the fans.

This is a game aimed at kids, and though a child can't aford every single thing, they have always had the option to get the things they love. Now that is gone.

rank_100
LittleBabyBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys