Light FX figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Light FX figures

Postby Paradox » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm

^ @soccerdude - $20 I can deal with and was hoping it'd be priced at that price point. For me though, any higher, even $25 and I'm a regular figure purchaser.

Interesting you mention the special box. I use my figures and then display them so the box really wouldn't be a big deal to me, as it wouldn't fit in my case not to mention taking up far too much room. So I hope too special of packaging doesn't make the price go up too much as well.

Shame they didn't allow them to have something special, even if small, within the game.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Light FX figures

Postby wherestron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:20 pm

I cannot for the life of me understand why they did it this way. I'm not inclined to believe it was sales driven. I suspect these were last minute additions to the lineup. If they released them later, they would be crucified - so it's good they are promoting it now. But it does kinda make the decision harder than it should be. A better method would have been to have limited edition launch figures - but again, I think these will give holiday sales a boost - albeit at the expense of some grumbling from the community.

Me, I'll get both. I'm a collector, so I like to do that. But I do understand how most folks will want one or the other. Decisions. Decisions.

What would be good is if the LFX figures had an extra ability so those who buy both can justify it in game. But I suspect that may be something we won't get now given the Kingdom Hearts PD response from D23.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby soccerdude21490 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Can't speak for the 'original' hope, but I know they were having trouble to get them to work properly. Especially the 'drop test' (that they wouldn't break if they fell). So not sure how long ago everything was set, but don't think they had them ready for launch.
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby wherestron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:26 pm

That sounds likely @soccerdude21490. Be sure to join us for JV Appreciation Day tomorrow with tweet #ThanksJV! Please pass it on. Ta.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I'm really on the fence on this one. The only stuff I have preordered is the Starter pack and the whole Inside/Out crew. I was thinking of getting Obi-wan and Yoda with the starter pack, but now I'm not sure.

I think that I will be buying the FX ones if there's a way to light them up off game. If they go the Optic Fiber way, we might be able to put the figures on a small DEL light (like someone else said). If they go with some kind of way to get power from the base, well that might be a bit tricky.

I might not have the patience to wait for more info before playing the Jedi though! :P

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:08 pm

I look forward to seeing these in action, I'll be getting them for sure

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:21 pm

I decided to tweet JV and ask about lighting up the figures without the infinity base. Lets see if I get a reply or if he'll be able to answer.

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dcp3y » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:38 pm

I hope they have increased abilities similar to the 1.0 crystal variants. If not, I won't be double dipping. As in cool concept, but limited value to aesthetics only. If at launch, I may be persuaded to choose them, but given the future (holidays?) release that is too late to hold off not having Jedi/Siths in a Star Wars game in August.

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby SWfanboy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I also don't want to double dip and hoping I can wait till the holidays to get my hands on the rest of the Jedi/Sith. Is there any kind of photo or video of them actually lit up. If it's something that is not that bright or easily visible I might just cave and grab the figures now.

rank_0
SWfanboy

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys