Light FX figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Light FX figures

Postby BandAid » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:38 pm

^ In every edition we've had some sort of limited "special edition." In 1.0 it was crystals, 2.0 was those cases, 3.0 is FX figures. I don't think it's taking away from something else seeing as it makes no difference in regards to gameplay - just a new way for DI to make some extra skin.

rank_50
BandAid
Main Console: PS4

Postby hoodoo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:53 pm

In Skylanders the Lightcore figures had a special lightcore attack when they entered the game. It is possible the figures have an additional attack or some other effect in game.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dexter26 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Being the DI collector that I am, (I have all figures {including crystals} & power discs for 1.0 & 2.0), I want to add the Light FX figures to my 3.0 collection. My whole issue is do I get both normal and Light FX figures or do I hold out and wait for the Light FX figures to release?

I pre-ordered the Saga Bundle, so I'll have Anakin and Luke at launch. I was also planning on picking up Yoda, Obi-Wan & the Rebels exclusive figures at launch, (Kanan is a favorite of mine). I just don't know if I want 2 of the same figures in my collection, the only difference being the Light FX lightsabers.

Should I change plans and hold out till the holidays to pick up all the Light FX figures? Or should I just bite the bullet and get both Light FX and the normal version of all the lightsaber figures?

What are all your plans for collecting the figures? Who is going to be crazy and get both regular & Light FX figures? How many of you are going to get one but not the other, and which will you pick up?
Everyone can relax...Dexter has returned!!
Twitter: @Crone26

rank_250
Dexter26

Postby Paradox » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:03 pm

^ I have all figures including crystals and powerdiscs up to this point as well. (well, no longer because of the king mickey disc debacle but I digress) I have no intention of getting both the regular and lightfx figures, because for me, there is simply no point in having two of essentially the same figure. Sure, I did it with the crystals, but they did look different and they had a separate place in the HoH. I don't see that happening with the lightfx figures, but hey, what do I know...

And, btw, I too had yoda, obi wan etc pre-ordered but I cancelled those particular figures so I can wait and see pricing on the lightfx ones and then make my final decision. The only one I will be stuck with doubles of, and I guess I'll jsut trade it in at gamestop if I go the lightfx route, is Anakin.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby hoodoo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:06 pm

I usually do not collect variants and I have no plans to double dip on with Light FX. That being said I am also inclined to see them in the store and get giddy like a child and run to the register with them all.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:07 pm

I still want to hear pricing on these though. If they get crazy with it, it's regular figures for me all the way. For something that as of now will only light up while actually playing the game, I can't see paying too high a premium for them.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Dexter26 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:11 pm

It just sucks because I was going to start playing the TotR playset first, but now I don't want to do that until I have Yoda and Obi-Wan in hand. I like to switch back and forth with figures when playing playsets. Now if I hold out for the Light FX figures I won't be playing TotR or RAtE until at least the holiday season.
Everyone can relax...Dexter has returned!!
Twitter: @Crone26

rank_250
Dexter26

Postby soccerdude21490 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:11 pm

@hoodoo the Light FX Figures are exactly the same in-game. Only difference are they light up and (presumably) will come in a special box.

For better or for worse, wish they did something different... but we all know how that'd go down in the community!

---------

@Dexter26 , It's a hard battle for sure. If you have the budget, just get both. But it definitely is a hard decision. I'll be getting both.

I feel like pricing will be around the $20 mark. But we'll see.
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby caspartt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm

I also cancelled my pre-orders for Yoda and Obi-wan as I don't want to have doubles. I am still getting the Saga bundle and will probably change Luke to his pilot costume. Not sure what to do with the extra Anakin though. Any ideas?

rank_100
caspartt
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys