Light FX figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Light FX figures

Postby Musicboy74 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:59 pm

I read about him possibly getting one, but after waiting so long to get Yoda, I got a normal Kylo anyway. If he does get a Light FX, I'll give my normal one to one of my friends that get Infinity for Christmas and pick it up.
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby RayTango84 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:12 am

Pick up the Obi-Wan from GameStop the other day. Managed to peal the price tag off so I'll probably leave them sealed, for now.

rank_0
RayTango84
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby gel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:09 pm

So I was here a month ago talking about Light FX figures pulsing. After a lot more usage, I think I can bring closure to this issue.

When I first tested the Light FX figures, I had two test beds: the display kiosks at Target and Best Buy, and a Wii U running DI 1.0. The result was nearly the same: slow pulsing effect, like a heartbeat. Not pretty.

Some folks said the Light FX was constant, so I did some more testing, DI 3.0 running on Wii U, DI 3.0 on PS4. These were all still using the same exact base. The result was a near constant on light, although I could still see pulsing, contrary to the eyes of many who can't see the pulsing. It's very subtle and could constitute using the word "constant" since it's constant...ly pulsing 10-15 times per second with a slight dip now and again. (This is how capacitors work, they have to pulse or else they would explode. Light FX capacitors are no different.)

So it looks like anyone experiencing slow heartbeat-like pulsing is probably trying to run DI 1.0 (or 2.0 but I couldn't test 2.0), or just testing it out at a store kiosk. If you've never seen the slow pulsing effect, go to a store and take a look at their Light FX if they have any. There seems to be little to no difference between the figures and their lights, although I've seen some darker than others.

For Display Purposes
Using a Skylanders portal has similar power output to a 3.0 game running, so the effect is a relatively constantly lit blade on all the Light FX figures (except Kanan which I couldn't test). Depending on brand and make of wireless phone charger, the effect is slightly less constant (about 4-8 pulses per second). To some eyes, this might be enough to look constant, but I call this a shimmer effect; it looks like lightsabers tend to look, maybe a tad slower depending on which scene from which movie. So you can just plug in most wireless chargers or a Skylanders portal, whereas the DI base needs the game to actually be running or else it doesn't turn on the power output.

Have fun!

rank_0
gel
Main Console: Wii U

Postby TikiGamer » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:28 pm

I gave up trying to shop around the UK retailers and pay separate postage on each and just ended up ordering all 6 from Amazon FR.
3 arrive 2 days later and other 3 should be delivered today.

rank_50
TikiGamer
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Davidoffski1982 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm

I got Anakin from Smyths, Vader from Game & Yoda from Tesco. I will eventually get the others

Sent
If I don't go crazy, i'll lose my mind

rank_0
Davidoffski1982
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:13 pm

I love the light FX, but it really winds me up that certain figures were not just 'light up' from the start. It wasn't like it was a late idea, too late to impliment, Skylanders had been lighting their figures for long before. Not having illuminated lightsabres and particularly TRON figures would always have been a missed opportunity, and it's a real cheek at 13 GBP per figure, to have you buy the 'regular' version, when anyone who is collecting will essentially have to buy a double. I have bought Quorra because I think she is a beautiful sculpt, but will be equally overjoyed and P'd off when a light FX version arrives. The release of the light FX figures also hugely devalues the non FX figures immediately. The Luke that my son has received brand new for Christmas in the playset pack, has halved in value because of the FX version. Only weeks or even days after it's release. It's very manipulative marketing, and taints what otherwise else is a fantastic range. It smacks of the trend of action figure makers to make certain figures 'limited' to push up prices, then later release it as a regular figure to the masses. - There will be a lot of people kicking themselves when the Infinity Boba Fett figure comes out at regular priced over the next weeks. Ebayers are still trying to sell him now for 4 times the shelf price. Just be patient! Well I suppose the upshot of all of that is that there will be lots of cheap unwanted Lukes, Yodas and Vaders in second hand stores... Which means we can get modding on them. ( Luke in X-wing flight-suit anyone? ) ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Fatal T » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Haven't seen this posted yet so I'll share this for Australian fans that want light FX figures.

Target has Kanan, Obi-Wan and Yoda.
Big W has Vader, Anakin, and Luke.

rank_0
Fatal T
XBL ID:

Postby Serum7 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 am

Re: The comment on figures' value above, if you're looking to cash in on these in the future you may be disappointed. That Luke figure you're upset about was probably "worth" $10 max on a very good day.

I agree with BionicKoalaBoy about the lack of other lightfx though. Tron as well as some Marvel figures would look great with it. Lots of missed opportunity there, Iron Man with lights, Thor's hammer, Ultron, Hulkbuster, Loki's staff, and more would look great.

rank_0
Serum7
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:24 am

And that's the rub Serum7. How frustrating will it be if they now slowly re-release the light FX figures we want, making our non-FX figures redundant and devalued.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys