Takeover Gameplay Thoughts...

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Takeover Gameplay Thoughts...

Postby purplesteve6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:00 pm

I've only played on extreme, so I don't know what to compare it to. It does seem as though they're leveling a lot faster than in previous versions. My spark bonus was about 165% when I was playing though. Until this version, I wasn't even aware of the spark bonus, so that could be making a huge difference. I'd have to load 2.0 to see what I was running at.

rank_50
purplesteve6
Main Console: Wii U

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:08 pm

I play on medium and I've leveled mickey and Minnie from 1 to 15 in of the toybox levels. The harder levels do give you more sparks but seem unnecessary when leveling up. Granted I do have a 215% bonus.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Ricky » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:13 pm

So is Takeover and endless stream of levels or does it end?

I ask because my Best Buy didn't have it when I went to pick up my pre-order.

rank_0
Ricky

Postby purplesteve6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:26 pm

No, there is one section called "Hero Destroyer" that is meant to be played at least 25 times because there are 25 sidekicks to unlock. Each level is chosen at random when you launch and you always have a sidekick with you. There are a few variations of the same theme and some of the levels seem identical with just a different terrain. Each time you play through, there are three mini-levels to complete. The first is usually to destroy 30-40 enemies while running through some terrain. Sometimes you have this floating machine following you that will kill you with one touch. The second part is sometimes similar to the first except you're locked in a vehicle or are locked with a particular weapon. Sometimes the second part is a vehicle challenge where you're locked in a particular vehicle and you have to run over about 30 enemies or so. The final part is a boss battle, chosen at random. No two run-throughs are exactly the same, but they are very similar. I would say that each run would take about 10-15 minutes to complete. If you play on Extreme, make sure you have a bunch of characters on your bench because once they're knocked out they can't come back for the rest of the level. Some enemies can kill you with one hit. On one run, I went through 16 characters.

That is just one part. I've played through a Pirates of the Caribbean level and a Spider-Man level as well. Those are not meant to be played 25 times. Each of those have 3 coins that, if you find, will unlock a cool toy. I haven't had to replay either. Give yourself about 20 minutes or so for those.

rank_50
purplesteve6

Postby TheEAB » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:53 pm

SOOOO glad I pre-ordered (the 29th of august, phew!) This add-on is so cool and has SO much replayability. Kinda like 2.0's Assault on Asgard.

rank_100
TheEAB
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby purplesteve6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Agreed. I just finished. It took me the better part of a day and a few hours today. Now that I have collected everything and would not be trying to hunt for gold coins, it would only take a few hours to play through again (more if you want to complete the Hero Destroyer 25+ times).

I was kind of pleasantly surprised to see a Hero Destroyer door in the Toy Box...

rank_50
purplesteve6

Postby ScroogeMcDuck » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:37 am

It's probably the best pre-order bonus I've received. Lots of fun.

rank_0
ScroogeMcDuck
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby GuyCC75 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:42 am

My most satisfying moment so far is Aladdin Vs. Venom.

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 am

Anyone else surprised by how HARD the bosses are? Ronan especially is ridiculous.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys