Disney Infinity for Apple TV

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity for Apple TV

Postby B__K » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:19 am

Deleted and reinstalled. Digital only version capable now. Purchased playsets are missing. Restore purchases didn't help. Contacted support. Waiting now.
Apple TV

rank_0
B__K
Disney ID:

Postby ManiacalMonkey » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:06 pm

For the Administrator, it seems this needs it's own board/category -- too many possible questions and divisions in the topics associated with the Apple TV version of the product.

I recently upgraded to Apple TV 4 and installed the Infinity Game. I cannot access my previously coded-characters that are accessible on my iPad Toy Box 3.0. I do not yet have the base or "starter pack" and so ... wibble. Also, the digital play only mode does not appear to give you access to ANYTHING - except an online store where you can buy Toy Box 3.0 for $25.

So, the question is "if" I buy the Toy Box for $25 would that allow me access to my already owned characters - until I get the base?

edit: Answer to my own question is that Apple TV pretty much seems to require the base - regardless.

This is rather depressing since the iPhone and iPad versions accept your purchased codes and download the purchased characters and data ... I would have expected this to be the case for other IOS versions of the game. I will assume that once the base is acquired the characters I have will be unlocked and their levels and data will transfer to the "console." Disappointing and money sucking, this is.

rank_0
ManiacalMonkey

Postby Lucidinferno » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:42 pm

It's not money sucking. The Apple TV is being presented a console. If I purchase DI on the Xbox and want to play it on the Playstation, I need to purchase a second base and disc. Same thing with the Apple TV, with purely digital media used in place of the physical disc.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:17 am

So web code cards do not work AT ALL?? Their character packs are bloated and I was hoping to pick up singles that I desired. How about the Toy Box Takeover/Speedway code cards? If you have to purchase the expansions twice regardless of console then that is highway robbery.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby Lucidinferno » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:35 pm

It has the same type base that all consoles have. I imagine that if you place the speedway or takeover pieces on the base, it'll open up the respective games. The Apple TV is like the other consoles; you can't use the web codes to unlock content on the consoles.

If you've purchased a game like Star Wars Battlefront on the Playstation and the Xbox, and then purchase the season pass on one of them, the season pass won't transfer between the console families (at least I've never seen it). But with Disney Infinity, you purchase an expansion, or a Play set, or characters, and you can use them on ANY console. Plus, when I've unlocked my characters for digital play using the web code cards, I can play those characters on my PC, iPad, and iPhone without repurchasing on each platform. It's a fair system, sometimes generous.

rank_100
Lucidinferno
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:49 am

the Apple TV has its own digital store to buy all of the 3.0 content available, you don't need a physical base or figures or discs anymore. Why would they enable those digital purchases, but block the web code cards, if you register it on the iOS mobile version, isn't that cross buy with Apple TV? Every capable iOS purchase I have made on iPhone or iPad instantly shows up in my Apple TV purchased library for download. Are we sure about this?

Edit: confirmed, iPad characters do not carry over to Apple TV. Not cool.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby B__K » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Does anyone have any insight into multiplayer for the AppleTV? I have played with my daughter and when we do challenges, etc., both players are listed as "BaronKen" (my actual Disney account name).
Is there a way to log the second player into their Disney account so their username shows up in game also?
Apple TV

rank_0
B__K
Disney ID:

Postby adbe » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:51 pm

There doesn't seem to be. The second player is basically playing in what the XBox and PS versions call guest mode.

rank_0
adbe

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys