Is the XP gaining in 3.0 too high?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Is the XP gaining in 3.0 too high?

Postby Cellsai » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:26 am

I just got 3.0 the other day and it's frankly amazing how much better than 2.0 it is. Absolutely great game so far and I've had a ton of fun just messing around in the Hub, not actually doing anything!

This leads me to one of the issues I've found with the game so far. I'm not exactly sure if it's even an issue or not, but it is kind of bothering me: My characters are leveling way too fast.

I have all 1.0 and 2.0 figure, plus 3 3.0s, minus crystals and black suit. That gives me an XP bonus of about 130% I think. I also play the game on expert.

I've mainly been using Quorra and have only used her to play the tutorials and run around the Hub. She's already level 15 after maybe 4-6 hours of play.
I've only used Anakin and Ahsoka in the Twlight playset. I've only just reached Coruscant and they're both level 12.

To have gained that number of levels in so short of time seems totally bonkers to me, and removes any excitement I get from leveling up because it happens every twenty minutes or so. In some intense battles I could gain two levels before I finish fighting! I won't be able to get any other figures for several months due to living in Japan, so I'm likely going to have fully leveled all my characters before I finish even a fraction of the stuff available in 3.0.

What do you think of the speed that you level up in 3.0? Does anyone know of any way to reduce XP without turning down the difficulty or unregistering my figures?

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Re: Is the XP gaining in 3.0 too high?

Postby purplesteve6 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:28 am

I think they level fast. Although my spark bonus is 275% right now. I played through all of the 1.0 playsets twice and I think the figures came away at 10 or 11. In 2.0, they seemed to go quicker. After one time through, most figures were around 12 or 13.

I just played Twilight of the Republic using 8 figures (Anakin, Ahsoka, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, & Zeb). The Rebels characters weren't available until their coins were found. When I finished story mode, Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan were at 20. Ahsoka is at 18. Ezra, Kanan, and Sabine are 14 and Zeb is 13.

I leveled Mulan to 20 in a matter of hours, just playing through and testing my toy box. I also leveled Elsa, Anna, Rapunzel, Aladdin, and Jasmine from 10 to 20 doing the same thing.

rank_50
purplesteve6
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Cellsai » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 am

Aye, I feel once I properly start playing Toy Box Takeover or some combat heavy toy boxes I'm going to fully level all my unfinished 1.0 and 2.0 characters in a matter of days. It'll only get worse as I start adding 3.0 characters.

I'd actually love if there was a way to disable the XP bonus I get from owning the figures. It was great in 2.0, but the huge percentage this time combined with the massive increase in general XP collected in 3.0 is a bad combo for me.

A little toggle switch in the options menu "Do you want to disable your collection % bonus?" would be great.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby megadrive2 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:48 am

I'm starting to wonder if the XP bonus n 2.0 ever actually worked at all. My 2.0 bonus was over 400% when i was leveling up black spidy and falcon, yet they didn't seem to level any faster the when i was first playing as Iron man when my bonus was under 100%. In 3.0 I haven't bothered putting all my figures on and my bonus is around 150% yet Anakin was level 20 before id finished coruscant on my first play through. I kind of glad though getting the 2.0 originals characters to 20 last time was no fun at all. All my 1.0 are still at 15.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby Cellsai » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:28 am

I agree that a little faster from 2.0 would have been great. Had I not run a large chunk of my figures through a spark generator they'd all still be max level 10 by now. But 3.0 is mad overkill in how fast it goes, 'cause jeez am I burning through figures now that I've booted up Toy Box Takeover.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby hedgehobbit » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah, I've noticed this myself. I reset all my figures and one level of Toybox Takeover (on Hard) is enough to get four or five characters to 5th level. My Princess Layla is already 12th level and I've barely gotten off Tatooine! It's gotten to where I buy a new special move and don't even use it once before I'm buying another.

rank_0
hedgehobbit
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby VacaHombre » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Yeah, my XP bonus is over 200% and my characters are leveling up a lot faster than in 2.0

Even having over 100% bonus in 2.0 didn't seem to make that big a difference, but it's pretty quick now.

Now, I'm actually enjoying it myself. I like leveling in video games, but once or twice is actually plenty for me. After that I just kinda want to play with my favorite max level character and play around/steamroll through the game. However, being a completionist, I also want to get all my statues to gold (and really I'd prefer everybody at max level, but gave up on that pretty quick in 2.0), so being able to level my characters super fast is a relief for me.

Of course, that's just my personal preferences. I can definitely see how that might be frustrating for others. An option to turn the bonus off would be a good solution. Or maybe let you earn enough experience after reaching 20 to max out the rest of your skill tree, but ramp the XP required to do this super high or something.
"I'm a scientist; I don't think, I observe." - Dr. Forrester

rank_50
VacaHombre
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Jazz820 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:05 am

I've noticed it seems a bit faster in 3.0. I have a ton of characters past level 10 already, and even more at 20 within five days of playing.

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby dbcb » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:14 am

It's definitely high, but I for one welcome it. Extreme difficulty is actually fairly hard (those Nikto thugs that charge you are a pain!), so I've enjoyed being able to access higher level content fairly quickly. It also should be said that for newer players, they won't be as over the top as those people who have bought every figure over multiple generations. I myself am only at like 80% experience bonus. I've never really felt like I was "over-leveled" for anything, because you can up the difficulty on a whim. I'm sure it feels right for players who just came to 3.0.

rank_0
dbcb
Main Console: PS4

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys