Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby nathanbanks » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Can anyone provide me with some info about this playset?

Thing is, I'm not a fan of Marvel stuff in the slightest and it's always something I've avoided when it comes to Disney Infinity. However, I am a HUGE fan of the Captain America movies and I also really love battling games. I've never been tempting my any of the marvel content before, even the original Captain America figure, but this one really screams at me and I thought with people saying you have to enjoy fighting games to like this playset, it would be right up my street. So can anyone give me a run down of what I can expect if I bought it? :)

rank_250
nathanbanks
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby nathanbanks » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Thanks ^^

Can I ask some more advice guys? I've just binge-watched all of the Marvel movies and I'm taking back everything I ever said! The Avengers is nothing short of amazing; I've seen all of them now from Iron Man to Ant-Man.

Now I'm 100% on board for this playset, I intend on picking it up when I get paid; however I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding the 2.0 items. I know this probably isn't the threat, but it's Marvel related so I'll create a discussion anyway.

Is the Avengers playset from 2.0 worth getting? How does it shape up as an Avengers game? I've played a demo for Lego Avengers and that's pretty awesome, but in people's opinion which game is better? The 2.0 playset & the content with DI overall, or the lego game?
Also What are the characters like in action? I dislike the 2.0 Captain America because he just looks...nothing like the movie version, so the 3.0 figure is a warm welcome for me (it sucks playsets aren't forward compatible), but is he worth getting too (the 2.0 version too)? :)

rank_250
nathanbanks
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:48 am

The 2.0 play sets imo were good but not great, if you get them cheap enough then grab them but best way to judge is to watch a play through on YouTube and see what you think

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby nathanbanks » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:18 pm

I've seen a couple and I think there was a bit of wasted potential with some of the content! Like the enemies and so on, but it's hard to judge the game itself :|

rank_250
nathanbanks
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:38 pm

I enjoyed the 2.0 playsets until I hit the repeated "defend X thing for Y minutes" missions. Then they became terrible.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Mukluk4 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:11 pm

2.0 playsets are wibble compared to 1.0 and 3.0. They would probably stand better if that didn't have to compare to those. If you are getting Battlegrounds, then I would get all of the 2.0 Marvel characters, it's worth it.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys