Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:15 pm

UPDATE 20 january 2016

Disney UK press release ..

MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS PLAY SET FOR DISNEY INFINITY 3.0

NOW AVAILABLE FOR UK PRE-ORDER

LONDON - 20 JANUARY 2016 - Disney Interactive today revealed that from today, fans can pre-order the upcoming Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set for Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits, which goes on sale in the UK on 25 March (15 March in USA).

Marvel Battlegrounds is a four-player, arcade-style brawler that allows players to battle with up to three friends locally. Fans will be able to play in 12 levels across eight all-new arenas, including Knowhere and Wakanda. Players will also be able to battle as any playable Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition): Marvel Super Heroes figure, making Marvel Battlegrounds the Play Set with the largest selection of playable characters.

The Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set Pack will come with the Play Set piece and one figure (Captain America - The First Avenger) and players will be able to choose from a selection of 25 Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains, with more to be announced soon.

Marvel Battlegrounds sees Ultron team up with Loki in an effort to steal Asgard's immensely powerful Infinity Stone. To accomplish this, Ultron and Loki create robotic replicas of the famed Marvel Super Heroes and turn them against each other in an effort to distract them while they commit their crime.

Launching in March 2016, Marvel Battlegrounds will feature Hulkbuster, Ultron and Captain America. With full compatibility for all Disney Infinity Marvel characters, Marvel Battlegrounds features the widest selection of playable characters of any previous Play Set.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Disney Press Release ...

LONDON, 8 October 2015 - Today, Disney Interactive revealed details for Marvel Battlegrounds, the upcoming Play Set for Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits, featuring a new four-player, arcade brawler style of gameplay, and an original Marvel storyline. Developed by United Front Games, in partnership with Avalanche Software, Marvel Battlegrounds is the first Disney Infinity Play Set to feature four-player gameplay. With full compatibility for all Disney Infinity Marvel characters, Marvel Battlegrounds features the widest selection of playable characters of any previous Play Set.

"With Disney Infinity 3.0, we've aimed to provide a wider variety of gameplay than ever before, and the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set represents our commitment to developing something entirely new for our players," said John Blackburn, SVP & GM of Disney Infinity. "The four-player arena style combat gameplay is a perfect way for friends and families to come together and play in head-to-head battles with some of their favorite Marvel characters."

Launching in March 2016, Marvel Battlegrounds will feature Hulkbuster, Ultron and Captain America - The First Avenger, a new version of Captain America with a new pose, costume and enhanced abilities. Additional Marvel Battlegrounds figures will be announced in the coming months. All Disney Infinity (2.0) Marvel figures will be playable in the Play Set and will feature adapted abilities and skills to complement the new style of gameplay of Marvel Battlegrounds.

"We worked closely with the Disney Infinity development team to come up with new gameplay and storyline for Marvel Battlegrounds that is unique to the platform," said Jay Ong, Vice President of Marvel Games. "We've created an authentic Marvel story that will give players the freedom to choose any Marvel figure in Disney Infinity and have them face off against each other in an arena style combat."

In the original storyline, Ultron teams up with Loki in an effort to steal Asgard's immensely powerful Infinity Stone. To accomplish this, Ultron and Loki create robotic replicas of the famed Marvel Super Heroes and turn them against each other in an effort to distract them while they commit their crime. The Marvel Super Heroes duplicates battle each other in iconic environments such as a wrecked Brooklyn train yard, Wakanda and S.H.I.E.L.D's Lunar Base, culminating in a universe-shaking battle against Ultron.

Disney Infinity Fans can get a more in-depth look at the Battlegrounds Play Set during the Disney Infinity 3.0 Play Without Limits: Facing Off in Marvel's Battlegrounds panel at New York Comic-Con, featuring participants from Disney Interactive, Avalanche Software, United Front Games and Marvel Games. New York Comic-Con attendees can attend the panel on Saturday 10th October from 4:00 - 4:45 p.m. (EST) at Empire Stage 1-E and will receive an exclusive pre-release figure giveaway. Fans at home can watch a live stream of the panel on twitch.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby vynsane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:19 pm

I guess if it's one of the figures included in the playset, I wouldn't mind too much, but it is a bit annoying and sets a bad precedent. That makes two 2.0 characters with 3.0 resculpts: Iron Man (original and new "Veronica/Hulk Buster" version) and now Cap. Will I have to buy all the Avengers again? Are they going to also release an Iron Man Mk. 43 and 45? Where is the line drawn? For some reason I'm not as bothered by having the Hulk Buster as I am this new Cap, as it's quite different than other Iron Man armors.

I could see and justify them doing some re-releases further down the line, like all of The Incredibles when the sequel comes out, since they were released in 1.0, but we just got all the Avengers characters in 2.0.

I had this post in the previous conjecture topic, so this part still fits:

In my mind, having a Miles Morales Spider-man figure is completely different than having a second Captain America. In the case of Miles, it's literally a different character who actually has some distinct abilities (chiefly adaptive camouflage, basically Black Widow's "cloak" special power), whereas a new sculpt Cap would be just that - a second version of a character we already have. I know it's a tenouous distinction, but think of it this way - if they made a May Parker Spider-girl or Spider-Gwen figure (btw, holy wibble, yes, please!) no one would complain "we already have a Spider-man" - a Miles Morales version shouldn't be any different.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mukluk4 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:28 pm

That's no different than Skylanders. But I do like the look of the new Capt. America over the 2.0 version.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby wreckitlightyear » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:30 pm

It seems.. okay, I'll just wait and see for more news and characters, it'd been what, 3 months since AntMan's tease?
Chewie, we're home...

rank_250
wreckitlightyear
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm

THAT CAP FIGURE!! I'm so glad it isn't a costume.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Hopeless » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm

A Spiderverse Play Set using any and all Marvel characters would have been a better draw than this.

Sorry, but I'd have expected Thanos behind this particular storyline distract the heroes so he can claim the infinity stones did anyone see a Vision figure during that footage?

Now a Spiderverse would have brought in the rest of the Ultimate Spiderman series and add in the existing characters to counter the efforts of the Spider Hunters travelling through alternate realities and then reveal it was all a ploy by a mysterious figure who used this to claim the tesseract from Asgard and the Power Stone from the Nova Corps maybe even throw in a rescue mission so we can add Wasp to the roster!

Could still reveal Thanos as being in the shadows but not feeling exactly why Marvel Battlegrounds is as good as last years releases and some of that was good just not outstanding.

So Cap was the new figure announced today?

Really should have announced Antman to be honest, maybe they still will?

Oh and thanks Sheriff for the video, sorry if I come across as not gracious but maybe I was hoping for too much?

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby CJ1045 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Who is the green girl with the armour and sword in the last pic? Not seen her before. If it is Gamora then I don't remember her having white armour?

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mukluk4 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:37 pm

That's Gamora with her costume disc

I'm interested in how they are going to make this work:

"The four-player arena style combat gameplay is a perfect way for friends and families to come together and play in head-to-head battles with some of their favorite Marvel characters."

Will it require 2 systems or will they allow 2 bases plugged into a single system?

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 pm

^ @CJ1045 the green girl is Gamora wearing her costume change disc ...

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys