Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby ExtraTerrorestrial » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:57 pm

This is a bit disappointing. Cap feels like a wasted slot. Will the playset have any kind of singleplayer story mode or is it purely multiplayer?

rank_50
ExtraTerrorestrial
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby GuyCC75 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Admittedly, the new Captain America figure looks great. It does. It looks just like a cartoon Chris Evans.

But what's with all the variant figures for 3.0? This is the 4th figure this version. What's the point of costume power discs, then?

Between this, and a Smash Bros style brawler for their playset, Marvel feels like they are just phoning it in for this game.

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Jack Frost » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:22 pm

I find this both exciting and disappointing. Disappointing because we already have Captain America. At least Hulkbuster seems to be different from Iron Man but this new Cap is basically just a costume redesign. If they wanted Cap to fight differently, why didn't they just change his moveset with his current figure? I mean don't get me wrong, the new figure design is AWESOME, but is it really necessary? I feel as if it does set an unfortunate precedent for redesigning and remarketing figures that we already have. There's a seemingly endless list of beloved characters out there that people would love to have and instead of one of those we get another Cap... just seems weird to me.

I find this exciting because:

1. Four player gameplay (hopefully locally!!!!) I have three siblings, all of whom enjoy on some level playing DI. We've been wanting the game to be four player locally since 1.0 so this is fabulous.

2. They're gonna upgrade old characters' movesets!! 3.0 introduced many new things fighting wise and I'd love to see more and more characters with the upgraded fighting styles. Also this sets a good precedent for upgrading old characters. There are several characters who are just boring in comparison to the newer ones. (such as the toystory or MU people)

3. A battle arena playset will hopefully mean new and cooler ways to build our own battle arenas!

rank_100_ftb
Jack Frost

Postby GuyCC75 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:34 pm

I guess we can look forward to the rest of this year's roster being: Bearded Thor, Prison Suit and Maskless Starlord, Grey Hulk, Casual Clothes Black Widow, Beanie Wearing Nick Fury....

At least give us Marvel Zombie variants, or Spider-Ham. I'd take Howard the Duck or She-Hulk at this point. Daredevil?

I so miss the lack of X-Men and Fantastic Four.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:43 pm

We will not get X-men or fantastic four till marvel reacquires them :( I can tell you that is a fact from speaking to them directly.

On the flip side there was a good reason to have Cap as a choice. I am excited for him but he probably could of been a variant. He looks amazing I'm not going to lie.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dedede_Man » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Not overly excited about Cap either. That said, I LOVE brawlers, so I'm looking forward to the playset.
So, now we know about Ultron, Hulkbuster, Cap 2 and Ant-Man. How many Marvel characters are left, again?
Hoping there are no more reskins (I know he has a new moveset, but since I don't know a lot about Marvel, I'd prefer to be introduced to new stuff than the old again). I'd love to see Vision, Black Panther and White Tiger... Ah well.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Stitch » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Look, the figure looks great, I really like it, but...
What a disappointment, to be told a new Marvel character is being announced and the find out it is a reskin with "enhanced" powers. It is strange they say enhanced and not new, almost as if he has just stronger attacks.
The playset looks cool, it is what we predicted. Doesn't aeem like there will be much story, I think this would have worked better as a toybox game expansion and not a playset.

Regardless, I will be buying it day one, I am excited! I much prefer this design of Steve better, always liked MCU steve best, I just wish it wasn't an entirely new character rather than costume disc.
I wish they would have teased more unnannounced characters...

CCrunner, thanks for clearing that up. That is severely disappointing as FOX will more than likely never give those rights back in Disney Infinity's lifetime. So basically we have no hope for Deadpool and X-Men.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby sigil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:15 pm

@Calysto

And all costume disc for all figures to make the wear Spider-man costume. Repunzel could Web swing using her hair.
2 words: Spider-Vader

LOL!

Also, I want female Thor or Frog Thor, Eight-limbed Spider-man, Falcon As Cap, werewolf Cap and, if I am not asking too much, alcoholic Iron Man.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Pcboy99 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:25 pm

There better be a story mode, from the looks of this it's just multiplayer

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3