Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set

Postby Doc Jump » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:28 pm

JV just confirmed on Twitter that Cap was added into their DI3 lineup. He didn't steal anyone's chances.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Calysto » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:40 pm

@Pcboy99 The story will be us fighting our evil/machine clones.

Their PR...

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby sigil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:43 pm

What if it is an up to 4 player story mode?
Also, from the description, it sounds like a game version of Contest of Champions.
And why was Ronan in with the Villains? He has ties to the Infinity Stones from the movies.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby BandAid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Like many of you, my initial response was: Ugh, another Cap. I want new characters! Similarly, with revamping 1.0 characters, I'd much prefer a patch updating old ones instead of buying new figures.

That being said, the new Cap looks a.maz.ing. Some have mentioned it looks like he's sitting on the sidelines. To me he looks like a dude ready to rumble at any moment that I wouldn't want to mess with! I'm intrigued to see what his new abilities are.

I'm also intrigued by the playset. I hope the story line is good. I'm excited for the local four player functionality (seeing as I have 3 siblings). The trailer looks awesome, but trailers always look awesome. So I'm hopeful, but at the same time I'm not holding my breath. I'm a little worried it's just going to be a Marvel Smash Brothers with little single player playability.

rank_50
BandAid

Postby BlackWidow » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:53 pm

"We will not get X-men or fantastic four till marvel reacquires them :( I can tell you that is a fact from speaking to them directly."

Marvel doesn't need to "reacquire" anything. Marvel owns those characters. What they do not have are the theatrical distribution rights to include them in films.

Disney/Avalanche could easily include any Marvel character they wish in DI, but since so much of DI content is to promote theatrical releases, they won't until such a time as Disney has those characters in films they are profiting from.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby craigbarnes88 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:14 pm

If you collected action figures, and you had a few cap figures by now, and civil war comes out and they make an action figure of it. You wouldn't hear people going OH MY GOD ANOTHER CAP?! Nobody realises yet that this game is promotional material from the movies. Something which is constantly mentioned like all the whining about inside out characters when they leaked.
Marvel will have insisted a new cap figure. DI were nice enough to give him a whole new move set, so sure we have two cap figures, but they will be different in every way.
Don't forget every other toys to life game has duplicates, look at skylanders. They give them a new pose and like one extra move. They made an effort to make this as different as they could.
And people need to stop being so obsessed over 'slots', spaces and numbers pulled from mere hints and speculation. Disney infinity can make as many figures as they please. So every character your asking for could come out, the team weren't going, oh, darn, we can't make a vision figure because we're out of 'slots'. Shucks, screw the fans, their getting a second cap.
The reasoning for this figure is perfectly understandable to me. I'm glad that the game continues to support current franchises.

rank_100
craigbarnes88
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:19 pm

@BlackWidow I have spoken to them directly about this and they told me specifically that they are off the table. Marvel does not want to support these franchises for a reason. Believe what you need to, I'm just telling you not to get your hopes up anytime soon. :?

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:21 pm

But Action Figures are different.
These are not Action Figures, they have zero articulation. There are also slots, granted Cap didnt take a slot but Hulkbuster and Mickey did.
I feel Mickey was required though.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Gorki247 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 pm

So the 2.0 Marvel characters will feature "adapted abilities and skills to complement the gameplay of Marvel Battlegrounds".

Do we know if these new abilities and skills will be available in the toybox as well? If so, that would be really cool.

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys