Star Wars: The Force Awakens play set ***SPOILERS***

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens play set ***SPOILERS***

Postby JaysUsername » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm going to assume it was a plot element withheld from everyone to preserve the secret. I'm going to guess when the Rey figure was being designed, her lightsaber weilding wasn't known.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:16 am

It was worse than the Avengers playset.

The locations were tiny, the set was simply unfinished (many missions don't give a proper ending, they just show you a silent NPC kind of waving, or if they do have text it's repetitive between missions), riddled with little bugs (though thankfully, I didn't have any that absolutely halted progress - though I did have to restart game several times). The entire thing had such a slapped together feel - I can't believe it's been sitting on discs for six months and they didn't fix it up some with the last patch. There is almost nothing to do with TFA - two cut scenes allude to events, that's it. They have a few character designs right, but other than that? Even the Smuggler's castle was nothing like the film - I just...was really shocked.

They should have waited until the spring and released a more completed playset along with the home video release when they had more material and more time to work on it. There are barely even any unlocks - and of course, the one I'd want (General Leia) is no where to be found (even in hologram form would have been awesome). The entire playset is full of half-implemented ideas - like the scavenging thing - completely useless when 1) most of the places you use it to "fix" things are passable by characters with any jump abilities, and 2) nothing to spend them on! The guy at the trade station abruptly disappears...never to return. Anyone want to bet they just didn't finish that part of the game? Clearly, if ever a shop was in a playset - that would be it.

At some point I'd like to find out what unlocks Han and BB-8 - but if it's something really stupid (like all challenges gold etc) I'll just wait until next year. This playset is artificially difficult just to prolong it (Kylo and his invulnerability), and I don't have the time to waste given how un-fun the playset really is once you realize that everything cool about it is half done (like the Mario Galaxy planets - what a great thing that would have been fleshed out).

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ElvisRV » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:39 am

Han is for finding all Mynocks, BB-8 all gold medals, Poe's X-Wing all stars. I enjoyed the play set but I expected wayyyyy too much from it. There are less than 20 new toys, no new skies or anything like that. The characters are great thankfully.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby BlackWidow » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:03 pm

I think that's what was most disappointing - no new skies. We still don't have a generic Star Warts sky except for with the Death Star, and with the new planets...such wasted opportunity.

rank_100
BlackWidow

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:08 am

I'm trying to get gold in all the challenges to get BB-8 but I having A LOT of trouble getting gold in the asteroid challenge in Jakku space. I've tried for two hours and I barely ever even get silver! I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby npgcole » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:57 pm

I have your exact same problem right now. I got silver once, but usually I'm lucky to get bronze. So much for BB-8 :(
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:55 pm

I just tried it again and I got 1560 on my first try! I don't even know how the heck I got that. I hope you get it npgcole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby npgcole » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:42 am

Oh wow, talk about luck! I'll keep trying, hopefully the Force is with me ;)
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CJ1045 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:34 am

One thing I am not sure about: When you leave Jakku on the Falcon in two player then both players get to play. However, both seem to be able to steer but, even though there are two aiming circles, only one seems able to fire!! Anyone else seen this?

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys