Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

Postby OpossumGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:54 am

A lot of it comes down to just how iconic the Mad Hatter is. Truth be told, I honestly feel he is the definitive go-to second Alice character. For a long while it was the White Rabbit, but like Vidia alluded to, a lot of it might have to do with the Parks, where the Mad Hatter is considered by many to be one of the funniest and enjoyable of the roaming Park characters. That, and the whole Mad Tea Party scene is one of the most iconic moments of Alice's journey. Add in how even before the Burton films, the Mad Hatter also appeared in various different pieces of merchandise, cameos in other series, and other things of that nature, and it's easier to see where his popularity comes from.

And the ugliness was never really a turn off for me anyway. But then again, that's coming from the guy whose favorite Disney character is Quasimodo. :P
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:07 pm

In reply to Infinityfan from page 5

"It's obvious they're waiting til 4.0 to add Goofy and probably Daisy and Pluto. They can't just add all 5/6 of the main Disney characters in the first few games. I'm nearly 100% sure Goofy will be in the game by 4.0. That's why no ones worried about him not getting in."

Sometimes I feel like Disney Infinity's marketing plan is making us wait years and years to get the biggest characters out there in order to give us characters based around the latest Disney movie.

I think the reason we don't have a Goofy figure yet is because he doesn't have a big movie coming out this summer. And they don't want too many "extra" characters being released such as Mulan, Minnie, a lot of the Marvel/Star Wars characters.

I'm currently more of a collector then a player, though I can't wait for some of the upcoming Disney/Pixar playsets, but I definitely prefer the classic looks of the Disney princesses, Cinderella, Belle, Alice.... I don't really mind Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter and I kind of liked Angelina Jolie's Maleficent. I don't think I'd buy a live action Alice, to be honest she'd just look like a blond girl in Alice clothes, Edit: Finally saw her character model, she looks like the default icon for Alice/Cinderella/Aurora/Rapunzel.... Just a blonde girl in a blue dress, I doubt I'll buy her figure, Mad Hatter and Time look cool though.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JustNCredible » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:13 pm

@OpossumGuy
Yea you're right, that scene was probably the most iconic. The whole tea party idea was cool, I'm not sure why I never liked him lol. Maybe because of his attitude lol, but then again everyone was mean to Alice.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby nathanbanks » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:39 pm

I for one am excited for these characters. I was a huge fan of Burton's first Alice movie, a lot more than I was the cartoon I'm afraid to say. I can understand why people will be annoyed by this though, especially if the original cartoon is one of your favourite movies.

As for the Angelina Jole Maleficent topic; I think it was wise desicion with her on the teams part; the character could physically appear to do more gameplay-wise in the Maleficent movie, where as in the Sleeping Beauty cartoon she was powerful but surely aside from throwing green energy, it would be hard to put that out there on the game? The ability to fly and such really added to her character I think. I do think they should have introduced a costume change to make her like the original Maleficent though, but that's another story :)

rank_250
nathanbanks
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:20 pm

I don't think this really has anything to do with which version has better attacks or which movie was better. I think it purely comes down the figure design. Personally I'd rather see the 1950 version of Cinderella sitting on my shelf rather then the new movie version, I think the original Alice is more iconic. To me the Alice figure doesn't look like Alice, just a blond girl in a blue dress. Course that can be said about most Aurora items that aren't exact pictures of the character. The apron is so iconic to her design.
Also I believe the skydome and terrain were based around the original movie, maybe we will get new power discs.

That being said I also prefer the original Queen of Hearts but prefer Depps Mad Hatter.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:55 pm

^Lol ok I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one who likes Depp's Hatter better. But yea, I'm a little sad there's not an apron, that would have been the perfect compromise to tie in both versions of the character.

@Nathanbanks
I love my Jolificient figure! One of my favorites actually.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys