Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Alice and Mad hatter confirmed by Disney Infinity France

Postby GuyCC75 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:09 pm

If Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Mickey Mouse have taught us anything, variant figures are not out of the question. I'm thinking it's either going to take major fan push on the official forums or Master Toy Box Artists to get these figures, however. I don't think we're going to see another "for the fans" release like we did for 2.0's Disney selection.

If not variant figures, then costume discs is the best we can hope for. I hope Baloo gets some TaleSpin love.

I got 50 points as well!

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Conscience1940 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:36 pm

I'll buy them, for my collection, but they'll stay in the back row. All classic versions, up and front!

I can see the Infinity trailer now...Captain Jack Sparrow, Tonto and Mad Hatter.

rank_50
Conscience1940

Postby TheANvil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:29 pm

It makes no sense to give us all these Johnny Depps when we've only got 1 of the 3 Samuel L Jackson's that we deserve.

Joke aside, I don't see Alice as being a big enough character to get multiple figures unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong about that, but so far the only characters to get multiple figures are Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader and Captain America (sort of Spiderman, but it's more a repaint than a new figure). Alice doesn't quite sit on the same pantheon as those characters.

That's why it peeves me so much. This isn't even a case of adding a Yondu level character, and it being bad because the character is undesirable. Yondu is Yondu, it's not as if he directly rules out Wolverine or War Machine or whatever. A Burton Alice almost unquestionably rules out ever getting the good one. I have even less faith in a good Alice being made considering this already happened with Maleficent and we've still got nothing but the horrific Angelina Jolie incarnation.

I guess in an ideal world they'd release this playset with an extra Power Disc that entirely transforms the world visually from the Burton film to the classic. Optionally providing us with variant figures of all the great characters from Disney's original masterpiece. But we don't live in an ideal world :(.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Classic Alice In Wonderland merchandise still sells really well. I wouldn't give up completely on them for Disney Infinity. It's just Tim Burton's version is getting the first opportunity to be given the DI treatment thanks to the "promotion first" policy. :)

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Cellsai » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:55 am

The big question is if she'll be in the iconic blue and white dress, or that weird multi-colored pajamas thing she's got going on in the upcoming movie.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby VacaHombre » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:56 am

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Burton Alice, but the aesthetic of Disney Infinity is so good, I'm sure they'll look cool anyway.
I got the Maleficent figure even though I didn't like the new movie.

Classic Alice would've been nice, but it's not surprising we'd get the Burton versions. Though my favorite Alice is still original book Alice, so maybe I'm just not too invested. :?
"I'm a scientist; I don't think, I observe." - Dr. Forrester

rank_50
VacaHombre
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ndemrose » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:23 am

Looks like it's the blue dress Alice.
Featured Toy Boxes: Save The City, Tangled Hair, Star Tours

rank_100_ftb
ndemrose
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Cellsai » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:07 am

Some data associated with the figures have started appearing in game thanks to an update, including the INterior portraits. If you don't want to see them yet, avoid the INterior store in game I guess!
https://twitter.com/WestersaurusNXT/sta ... 4790760448
Apparently you can even fight Time as a boss battle now.

I'll spoil my observations for the moment for those that want to stay fresh:
Spoiler: show
It's interesting how they've designed these figures, particularly Hatter. He has the Modern Johnny Depp design, but he definitely has body, arm and leg proportions much closer to the Classic animated look. I am betting there'll be a costume disk for him (and probably Alice) to swap them back to their Classic designs. As it stands, Modern Hatter with Classic proportions looks kinda weird to me.

Alice herself looks fantastic though. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to having that on my shelf, even though I've quit buying DI stuff!

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Paradox » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Spoiler alert, more pictures of them all and a video of one of the characters can be found at this link.

Below under the spoiler dropbox is a link to only the video on youtube.

Spoiler: show

I'm liking some of the range attack and what I assume is the characters special move, the effects are pretty cool.

rank_deputy
Paradox

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys