Do You Miss The Power Disc Packs and Random Items?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Do You Miss The Power Disc Packs and Random Items?

Postby vynsane » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 pm

I don't miss getting duplicates, but I do miss getting the oddball out-of-left-field selections. I also miss the joy and surprise when opening a pack and getting a rare disc - when cleaning up the last of our Christmas gifts, I found one last pack of 2.0 Superheroes discs that must have slipped through the cracks, and got the Infinity Gauntlet!

However, it's a lot easier, and cheaper, to get all the discs now.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Conscience1940 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 pm

I don't miss the blind pack power discs but do miss the albulms!

Those Toysrus (empty blank spots) Marvel albums are coming in handy but I now have 3 on the go - with my other ones too.

Kind of funny to be using 3 Marvel albums, when I am only using 6 Marvel power discs (Falcon, Captain Marvel and Battle Grounds).

rank_50
Conscience1940
Main Console: PS4

Postby craigbarnes88 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:37 am

I miss them because there isn't anywhere near enough costume discs for me this time around :(
The sheer number of power discs they could produce allowed them more flexibility in the random stuff they could put out there.
Now we won't say get costume discs for 1.0 or 2.0 characters anymore, because without it being random it's assuming the purchaser has the figure. But if it's released alongside the figure it makes more sense.
I wouldn't mind blind bags coming back if they got rid of "rare" discs. If everything had an equal chance, people wouldn't feel like they were wasting money. Like the lion king terrain discs that never appeared for me, had to buy them online.
Heck for me i would be happy if they did blind bags of just costume discs. Heck they could do blind bags of just Spider-Man costumes, he has so many!
Power discs could go so much further, even cross merchandise.
Like what if Disney infinity teamed up with hot wheels? You have probably seen those cars they release for marvel and Star Wars that look like characters. What if they came with a vehicle power disc so that car appears in game too.

rank_100
craigbarnes88
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby The Disney Dork » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:58 am

Honestly yeah, I really do miss blind packs. Sure it was annoying to get doubles and all, but to me that was a small price to pay for all of the awesome discs we got. Muppets, Hercules, even Treasure Planet got a disc...and seeing all the more obscure/under merchandised movies get representation was awesome. Now it seems like the only power discs we will be getting are new movie tie ins...Good Dinosaur, Tomorrowland, bleh. We'll never see anything really cool for Disney fans again, and yeah everyone's all happy that it's easy to just collect every disc now...but who cares if it's easy if the discs we're getting simply aren't as good? We'll probably also never see anymore alternate costumes for older characters, which is a shame because there's so much potential. All in all the 3.0 power discs have been a huge disappointment for me.

rank_250
The Disney Dork

Postby Hanzo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 pm

So my daughter and I opened our 20 blind packs. Got 18 unique...the rest were duplicates.
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:20 pm

@hanzo the discs scan through the packet so if you place them on the base you c an see what you have before opening. I know a few people did this and returned the unopened ones for more until they got all the discs

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hanzo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:25 pm

This was an eBay bulk purchase. Came out to like $1.60 a pack so I am not so worried about it. I can no longer find blind packs locally at any brick and mortar stores. But should I find any locally I'll totally scan them first. Worst case I'll drop the extras in kids bags on Halloween.
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lightyear9358 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:56 pm

It would be nice if they slipped in a one-off disc with the new themed packs. For example, 3 Zootopia and an 'Absent Minded Professor' flying car, or even two separate Zootopia packs with two themed discs and two whimsical Disney discs. I do miss that aspect of the blind packs.

rank_0
Lightyear9358

Postby JustNCredible » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:23 am

I could have sworn I posted itt already lol.

Yea I do miss the "chase" a little bit. I enjoyed getting a few of them and opening them up with my little brother, reminded me of my Pokemon trading card days lol.
The best ever was when I bought three Marvel packs and went over to my Mom's (we were hoping for CC discs), and in one pack we got Gamora and Spidey's. We were so excited since Gamora was his favorite and Spidey was mine lol, I think we had just bought both of those playsets not a couple nights before. I'm pretty sure we got Hulk's CC disc in one of the other ones too.

To be honest, I actually had rather good luck with power discs in the first game. I almost never got duplicates and managed to get the entire set (I ended up trading with people here or buying the last few off of Amazon, as at that point it would have been really unlikely and costly to finish off the set entirely by blind pack).

I know this doesn't make sense, since all the information is already on the game, but all of the discs and their collecting made me feel like I was adding so much to the game, it was neat. I definitely miss the variety and multitude of power disc packs this time around.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys