Do You Miss The Power Disc Packs and Random Items?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Do You Miss The Power Disc Packs and Random Items?

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 pm

While I don't miss the blind bags I do miss the extensive amount of items available in 2.0.

So far I haven't really seen any power discs I really to buy in 3.0. Mainly because they are only releasing power discs connected to figures.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby vynsane » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:52 pm

^ I will put in that the Good Dinosaur pack is highly underrated, the three T-Rex characters are really cool looking, and seriously enormous - the largest mounts in the game by far. I haven't even watched the movie yet, though my daughter has multiple times. Just the fact that Darth Vader can ride a T-Rex is worth the price of admission, particularly right now since there are some good sales on power disc packs.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ElvisRV » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:40 pm

And the Tomorrowland one gives you extra items so it is definitely worth $5.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Gorki247 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 pm

I miss the random packs in a way, for the reasons mentioned before; more discs and more variety. From the 3.0 packs, I actually like the Tomorrowland one, as it wasn't tied to any figures or playsets, and I hope we see more like it this year. Maybe tied in to a movie release (or re-release). The Marvel one is also looking good (but I'm a bit biased here, as it is Marvel). It has mostly round discs (incl. a Darkhawk reference; talk about obscure) which are great for Battleground and a cool looking vehicle with some unique features.

@vynsane The Good Dinosaur is actually my least favourite. I agree, the T-Rex mounts were really cool but did we really need 3 really similar looking dinosaurs. I haven't seen the movie yet, but surely there were other creatures to choose from (I know they have pterosaurs and velociraptors in the movie), or include theme discs instead?

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby pjhaan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:32 pm

^ I have seen the movie but agree we do not need 4 dino mounts. I think a better pack would have been Arlo, 1 Trex and the terrain and sky dome. They were gorgeous in the film and wild love a claw mountain sky dome.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Agreed, we didn't need three slightly different T-Rexes. I, too, would have appreciated terrain/skydome discs instead of two of them.

rank_100
vynsane

Postby rogpalmeruk » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:11 pm

The tomorrowland disc pack is exactly what i think we should have more of... buy the pack and get 20+ new toys/buildings to tie in with the franchise... ie had the good dinosaur/zootopia had loads of unlocks, it would have been so much more valuable.

I still don't miss blind bags, cost me a fortune, i'd rather just have unlockable toys... and buying,trading and selling discs was a huge pain...

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lightyear9358 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:19 am

Marvel 2.0 had Dino World terrain & sky dome discs that work great with Spot and his dino disc buddies.

rank_0
Lightyear9358

Postby Gorki247 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:41 pm

^ Now if only we could get Devil Dinosaur as a mount.

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys