March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

Postby vynsane » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:48 pm

It was cool to be at WDW for the event, though, as most people predicted, the bulk of the 'announcement' was stuff we already know. The only cool confirmation was the teaser at the end for the "next NEXT" with the hint at Finding Dory and Alice Through the Looking Glass.

The theater at the Disney Springs Orlando event wasn't even fully packed, which I found odd. All three of us each got a Judy Hopps figure in a DI 3.0 reusable shopping bag and a poster of the "development process" graphic for the MCU Captain America figure. Now I'll have to exchange one Judy for Nick and another for Ant Man on the 15th! I wish I had known that they actually had Nick on the Infinity rack in the gift shop at the exit to Space Mountain, I could have probably exchanged one Judy right in the park! By the time I noticed that, we weren't going to be returning to MK.

For those who haven't yet seen Zootopia, it's fantastic. We loved it, and I personally feel it's timed perfectly for a much-needed message of inclusiveness and understanding.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Dedede_Man » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:54 pm

@Mason_Ireton

Baloo being planned was pretty likely, but what makes you say that the Wonderland figures were surprises? Seeing as "Through the Looking Glass" is coming out pretty soon, I'd imagine that they were done to promote that. That's the main reason most of us expect that it will be the Burton versions, rather than the classics; it's more than likely being done for promotion.

Peter Pan was the Artists' Choice, remember? From the Summit? Unless that's what you meant by surprise, in which case, yeah, he was.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Mason_Ireton » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:04 pm

@Dede This is what I mean

Pan, Baloo and Burton's WonderLand were on the Infinity fan poll which was uploaded round 1-2 months before the Summit (correct if I'm wrong), Pan's announced as the Artist winner, forward to Thanksgiving, JV said that we have a mystery character that wasn't leaked, then in mid Jan, Baloo was leaked and some (I guess) assumed Baloo won the Fan Poll or was the mystery character.

Pan and Baloo naturally would be included, poll or not, whereas Burton's WonderLand seems like the Jolicent issue "Promote new film", Baloo and Pan being placed on the fan poll then ending up joining was clever move on Infinity's part,

honestly I wouldn't mind Burton or Classic Alice joining the game as long the choice blends well with the game's tone, I'm surprised by Burton's WonderLand joining cause I didn't know bout the sequel nor thought that those versions would work for Infinity

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dedede_Man » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:37 pm

@Mason_Ireton

Ah, I've always been terrible with times and dates. Didn't remember when the poll took place, didn't remember that Pan was on it either. Memory's not great.

Weren't Burton's Hatter and Alice also on the poll? I'd imagine that they and Baloo are for promotional purposes, especially since Baloo is being released to coincide with the new Jungle Book movie.

No idea for Pan. I'd imagine that they didn't actually have plans for him, then; surely if they planned to add him anyway, even somewhere down the line into late 2016, wouldn't they have discouraged the Artists? I dunno, maybe it was a wild coincidence.

Sorry 'bout the confusion!
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Vidia » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember JV saying that Peter Pan was a character that they hadn't even considered adding before the artists picked him.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby Mason_Ireton » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Hmm well I'm excited for this year's Collection and I'm pleased we have more team Disney than last year

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm happy we won't have another spare base :) lol

3.0 has been (in my eyes) such a step up. Awesome detail with the figures. Features that were asked for. Regular updates with patches and new figures. And the lack of a starter pack is the icing on the cake lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:52 pm

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys