March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:42 am

Is there some reason why people are thinking the end of this year for BatB? The movie is slated for March 17, 2017.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby DarkSpark » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:58 am

The original film will be 25 years old this November, that is why I personally have been speculating November as a potential release window. Not to mention, Civil War comes out May 6th, two months after Marvel Battlegrounds and it's major tie-ins to iNfinity are released; Jungle Book comes out a month after Baloo's release. It seems releasing something months early to chug the hype train down the final stretch could be the go-to for iNfinity's plan of attack this year. A release in November would also see it available for those oh-so-coveted holiday shopping season sales.

rank_0
DarkSpark
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:25 am

Ah, I see. It's possible. Though they haven't released any figures to correspond to anniversaries before.

I think the timing of Battlegrounds is to spread out and not clump up in May with Alice releasing as well. Baloo is probably just a case of ease of distribution along with the larger group of figures releasing March 15, rather than worrying about a single figure release in April.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:37 pm

BatB is one of my most wanted franchises in the game but as rom said our theories haven't always turned out correct. It is possible, we did see the concept art in one of the videos from Avalanche a while back so here's hoping they went and developed it.

That could be the animated playset they were talking about because it doesn't look like Alice will be a playset since it's based on the looking glass.

I'd say there could be a playset every 3 months so June COULD be finding dory, September Star Wars and December (maybe a bit earlier in November) BatB

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:30 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Beauty and the Beast possibly being the supposed Disney Animation playset. Gaston has always been a popular character, particularly with him now appearing regularly at Disney World, so I could definitely see them wanting to bring out a figure of him as well. People have been asking for more villains, after all.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:02 pm

If we see a Disney animation playset, I'd guess Moana would make the most sense

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:29 pm

@Romulus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that Jack Skellington was specifically added to celebrate his film's 20th anniversary, in addition to his popularity. I read that somewhere, but maybe I'm misinformed. :P
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:37 pm

It's possible. The timing matches up, though I don't recall it being spelled out anywhere.

They've skipped several possible chances since then.

Releasing something alongside the new film seems much more likely.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Yea I think releasing the figures along with the new movie is probably more likely. Probably the only reason Skellington came out with his anniversary, is because he didn't have a new movie slated later down the road. However just like The Jungle Book (where they felt it only merited a character inclusion, and nothing more) they may not be as tied to the film versions of these characters for similar reasons. The way I look at it, Beauty and the Beast would not make the most interesting playset anyway, and if our speculation is correct, it won't be getting one. So we already know they aren't too invested with making film versions, since there probably won't be a film playset for them to go along with, meaning similar to The Jungle Book, we may get animated versions to go along with the film release. Baloo and Beast are both almost in the same boat anyway; both are humanoid animals which would have to be cartoon-ized. But one reason I could see them wanting to make a film version of beast, is if they completely re imagine him for the film, so much so that that the cartoon version would be unrecognizable in comparison. Beast after all has a lot more unique features than a bear, so they may actually want to accentuate film Beast into DI. I'm crossing my fingers for the animated versions, but we'll see. Either way I would be happy.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys