March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: March 1st Disney infinity 3.0 live event

Postby DarkSpark » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:58 am

Given that they are already carrying over songs from the film (not the musical, I was incorrect on that front), I highly doubt they would completely re-imagine Beast into something unrecognizable from his animated form. Like I said, it's a look that is unique and iconic, and as it stands right now, it's his Disney character trademark. I doubt a playset was ever a possibility, but a two pack akin to the Aladdin/Jasmine one from 2.0? Idk, my gut tells me that the idea of simplifying a highly-realistic rendition of a character you have simplified designs for is just a lot of work for little gain, because no matter what, animated Beast is still going to be the primary image of Beast that is promoted and used in the parks, shows, toys and media once the movie hype dies down (i.e. the fact that we don't really see promotional imagery of Lily James as Cinderella anymore).

Now watch, all of our discussions and we won't get Belle or Beast at all in 3.0... Hahahaha...ha... :(

rank_0
DarkSpark
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby The Disney Dork » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:57 am

Aside from Aladdin and Jasmine (already in) and Ariel/Lion King characters (not able to be in yet) Belle and Beast are easily the most popular and recognizable renaissance characters. They'll get in eventually, no doubt about it.

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:30 am

Ariel could be possible now that they're adding fish. Plus there was a leak months ago showing a blurry image of her on a base although I think that was proven fake

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheANvil » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Forgive me if I'm being dumb here but reading over the last few pages makes me feel like I've missed something?

Are Elliot/Beast/Belle just assumptions at this point? People seem to be talking about them as if they're certainties. I also seem to recall that someone here said that the Alice figures won't be the playset, is there any truth to that?

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Vidia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Elliot, Belle and the Beast are all assumptions.

The Alice figures not being the Disney playset comes from an interview in which JV was quoted as having specifically said that it was a Disney Animation playset.

"GamesBeat: Do you have specific details on what the new playsets will be?
Vignocchi: Nothing beyond that one will be Pixar, one will be Disney Animation, one will be Star Wars, and one will be Marvel."
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby TheANvil » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it could be an Alice animation playset though?

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm

@theanvil it doesn't seem likely as time is only from the new film and they referenced through the looking glass with next.

They could do a varient of cartoon Alice or even a costume disc but at this point it's safe to assume she will be in live action form.

The animated playset could be anything, some say moana, I'm hoping for BatB

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheANvil » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 am

I suppose that's true.

How about the possibility that it'd be Gravity Falls? They've already acknowledged before that it's one of the biggest fan requests, and Mabel (and Dipper) won the 3.0 fan poll in a landslide.

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Mason_Ireton » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:48 pm

@ANvil Sadly the fan poll was almost immediately hacked which screwed up the actual results for the poll, but Mabel and DarkWing were almost tied before the hack (think they were round 12% or 20%) yet the hack kept DarkWing and the others at 5%-12% while Dipper, Mabel and DarkWing were (if I remember) 60%-80% and everyone else was goin over the 100% mark

But that's why Infinity said use the hashtag #OurDisneyInfinity on Facebook/YouTube and Twitter, so we don't really know who won the Disney Fan poll. Again JV said that the team's waiting for Marvel and LucasFilms' approval for their Infinity poll then after those 2, we'll have a final Fan poll that will select just 1 figure for the whole group instead of release 3 fan picked figures

Baloo, Pan, Burton's Alice and Mad Hatter were on the Disney poll, but we can pull them out since they're actually comin as part of the line.

For some reason it feels like Baloo was planned whereas Pan and Burton's WonderLand were surprises

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys