Disney Infinity 2016 Pixar Playset LEAKED!!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2016 Pixar Playset LEAKED!!!

Postby EmeraldMiner » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:28 pm

rank_0
EmeraldMiner
Main Console: PS4

Postby JustNCredible » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:19 am

Lol yea I thought about them rolling around in their bags while on land too, pretty funny but realistic concept. But yea, them swimming through the air doesn't bother me either; they're toys. Heck Spidey, Venom, and Quorra swing from the air as well and that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

The riding a wave ala Hiro could be cool too.

By the way, on PS4, does Hiro's wave disappear for anyone else mid-ride? Or just me?
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:16 am

I think these would work best in an underwater type playset. They could treat them like mounts and give them 4 invisible legs so they walk above the ground but appear to hover above the ground.

I don't know if they could work in a free flying mechanic like Maleficent and Baymax so you can swim in the air and not be affected by gravity.

Then you could use them in any setting. in terms of holding items maybe the item could float in front of them.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby nathanbanks » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Fantastic news about this!!! Cannot wait to see how they've made the underwater gameplay work. Also can't wait to see the underwater content!!! Shark enemies could be an amazing addition to the game :mrgreen:

rank_250
nathanbanks
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheEAB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:31 pm

I wonder if they could add swimming abilities to almost every character, so that I can really swim in Scrooge McDuck's money bin instead of walking on the golden coins.

rank_100
TheEAB
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:13 pm

^ haha yeah that would be useful. I'd imagine they'd need all new mechanics for it all maybe in 4.0?

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby Cellsai » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:17 pm

If they haven't even upgraded Syndrome to be able to fly I would be shocked if anyone was upgraded to swim.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinityfan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:44 pm

I don't think there'll be water in the toy box at all. JV said they're happy with how the game is at the moment and the updates will only add new characters, playsets and bug fixes. And if there's no water, then Dory and Friends will have to be able to go into any toy box because they can't just say they can't go in the toy box at all. Every character has to be playable in the toy box.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:19 pm

^ I agree. Unless they're planning water mechanics as a massive surprise (which I doubt) Dory and co. will just glide around the Toybox, which I'm more than happy with. \
Perhaps we'll get a Pack which allows any character to "hover", so we can design Toybox's and pretend they're underwater, such as with the Nemo skybox.

@Cellsai
Well don't forget that it would only take a few varying swim animations to make that work; look at what they did with updating the air juggling and swords; all new animations. Swimming wouldn't bee too much more complicated than that. Adding entirely new unique combat animations for every character is a different story.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys