Disney Infinity 2016 Pixar Playset LEAKED!!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2016 Pixar Playset LEAKED!!!

Postby Cellsai » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:19 am

My theory on these swimming characters: (Short version, they will be VERY restricted)

Dory and characters marked as Swimming characters will ONLY be usable in their Play Set and specifically marked "Underwater" toy boxes. Underwater play sets will function similarly to regular sets, except there's no gravity and an 'underwater' filter will be put over the camera. Swimming characters won't be able to interact with vehicles, ledges, etc. (Maybe they'll be able to use weapons by having them magically floating in front of them or something)

Regular walking/driving figures will not be able to be used in Underwater toy boxes. When you put one on the base a message will pop up with "This figure cannot be used in this toy box" just like now when you set a box to have no fliers, Spider-man only, etc.

No previously released characters will be able to swim, and it'll be counted as a special ability going forward like swinging and wall climbing. Moana or Ariel will be announced as the first characters that can be used both on land AND underwater.

--------------

Obviously, I have basically nothing to base this on - this is just me theorizing!

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Cats and Spiders » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:30 am

I think that's a pretty solid theory, Cellsai!

rank_0
Cats and Spiders

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:53 am

i think there needs to be a way to have these usable in all toy boxes. limiting figures to certain toy boxes is only going to frustrate the average purchaser

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby soccerdude21490 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:04 am

Mac & Cheese.

But seriously, I've been WAY more curious about the gameplay than I am about the figures. So leak or not, I'm way WAY more excited about the gameplay!
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:14 am

Yea I think they will have figures out a way for them to work in the toy box as well

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dr. Turtle » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:37 am

Aren't they supposed to be toys? I don't see a problem with them swimming through air

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby The Disney Dork » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 am

Anyone else feel bad for JV and the team? Everything they were planning on announcing in the first Disney Infinity Next was leaked, and now two of the main things they were going to talk about in the upcoming one, Alice and Dory, have been leaked as well.

The Dory figure does look really nice though, and I am interested in the water/swimming mechanics. I REALLY hope we get Ariel and Ursula soon!

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Disney Infinity 2016 Pixar Playset LEAKED!!!

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:10 am

Yea I always feel bad for the team but the update showed all the Alice figures and showing the playset info on something readily available to anyone makes it hard to believe it was all accidental.

On the plus side they did mention both at next and/or in post interviews. And the figure looks amazing! My most wanted figure of all figures so far.

Ariel is now possible and makes me think the image months ago is a possibility

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:13 am

I don't get why people think they wouldn't be able to climb, hold weapons, drive vehicles etc. I can easily imagine Dory, Simba etc. doing all those things. They could just float through the air at a certain height doing a swimming animation and when they jump they could suddenly swim higher. It's not hard for them to do. I hope they'd be allowed in all you boxes. :D Dory looks really cool by the way.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys