PC Game Auto-Detected my Console Toys?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

PC Game Auto-Detected my Console Toys?

Postby Gillbob316 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:43 am

Funny thing happened today... Something I had never known was possible, and had never heard anyone mention before now:

My PC Infinity 3.0 detected a bunch of figures/sets from my Console game, and added them to my collection, without my having to enter any codes.

To break it down:

Once upon a time I bought 1.0 and a small handful of figures. I entered the codes and played it briefly on PC, then moved on to playing it on my 360. Didn't touch Infinity on PC for years afterward.

Flash forward to today. I spent most of the day playing 3.0 on my Xbox One. I played Toybox Takeover w/ Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Rapunzel, Jack Skellington, Tinkerbell, Stitch & Judy Hops. I then played the Inside Out playset w/ all five Inside Out figures. I then briefly played Twilight of the Republic using my Light FX Anakin for the first time.

Then for giggles, I decided to install the free Steam version of 3.0 on my PC and fire it up. First time ever touching 3.0 on PC. Brand new install. I linked my Disney Account when the game prompted at startup. It automatically detected all the same 1.0 figures I'd entered codes for 2 years ago, no surprise there. But verymuch to my surprise, all the characters I'd used earlier today on my Xbox One copy of 3.0 were already unlocked in the PC game. Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Rapunzel, Jack Skellington, Tinkerbell, Stitch, Anakin (Not Judy however, as Judy isn't in the PC game). The same figures. AND the Inside Out Playset, Twilight of the Republic Playset & Toybox Takeover game as well. I even briefly placed the Force Awakens & Toybox Speedway pieces on my portal earlier today (though I didn't play them) and those too are unlocked in my PC game.

Its as if the PC game imported all my Xbox activity from earlier today, and unlocked the corresponding items. Everything I put on my portal in a completely separate play session today, has been unlocked in my PC game. I'd never heard anyone mention this before, but I assume I can't be the first person to experience this. (Just for the record these were NOT the free rotation characters, those characters were different, and clearly marked with the little lock symbol.)

Has this always been a thing? Is it possible to get details somewhere? I'd never heard of this before, as far as I knew, the only way to unlock the PC figures was to enter the codes that come packaged with the toys, or buy them in the web shop. Are the codes on the cards (which I haven't used) still good? Could I potentially now give them to a friend, so he could also unlock those figures? If I continue using more items in the Xbox game, only to then boot up the PC game, will it continue unlocking things? Why did it only unlock the items I used TODAY, and not my entire Xbox collection (I own far far far more than just this handful of figures. These are just what I happened to use today. It didn't import my entire collection, just anything I used today. *Shrug*)

What gives? Can anyone enlighten me?

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: PC Game Auto-Detected my Console Toys?

Postby Cats and Spiders » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:04 am

This is the second time I've heard of this happening! I think it's a new thing, as it definitely wasn't the case before. It's a real strange time for this to happen now though, considering they've basically dropped PC support. Hmm, you think it works the other way around too?

rank_0
Cats and Spiders

Postby BluePunchBuggy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 am

I just checked my PC install, and the characters displayed are either characters for which I've entered the web codes or characters that I've played since the latest update. All of my round power discs were displayed as well. These do not appear to be tied to using them since the update.

rank_50
BluePunchBuggy
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:09 pm

Is playset progress also acknowledged? Also, can anyone test this between consoles? This would be awesome for being able to switch/upgrade consoles!

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Gillbob316 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Playset and Character Progress were not carried over, just the character/playset unlocks themselves.

All characters were Level 0 and Playsets were starting from scratch

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby vynsane » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Oh, well. Perhaps it's a first step towards that.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mukluk4 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:40 pm

I think this was an enhancement with the last patch. I also found that the characters that I bought used (violet and Mrs. Incredible) are also showing up (though a handful of the new Marvel figures required me to enter the code for them to display). You can verify which characters you have unlocked at the main DI site under your profile.

rank_100
Mukluk4
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Does it really include the power discs now? That would change a lot of things if they finally support that.

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Cats and Spiders » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 pm

I sure hope so! I hated the old system, where if you wanted to use power discs on both console and mobile/PC, you had to buy them twice. I'm all for these changes!

rank_0
Cats and Spiders

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys