PC Support Dropped

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: PC Support Dropped

Postby Infinirama » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:47 pm

And DI Twitter account just confirmed no Battlegrounds on Apple TV either. Guess I've got a big box of stuff to ship back to Amazon.

rank_50
Infinirama

Postby adbe » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:18 am

Yeah, I'm pretty upset about how the Apple TV version has been handled. The Toy Box has some game breaking bugs rendering that side of things pretty useless. I was hoping to give my daughter a perspective on game design using the Toy Box, but with busted doors, themes that crash INteriors, and various other headaches, it's not worth it.

A lack of updates since the December one, gives the distinct impression that the platform is considered a failed experiment, and no more updates will be forthcoming.

So long, Disney Infinity, I guess.

rank_0
adbe

Postby Cellsai » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:14 am

"Busted doors, crashing themes and other various headaches" sound like a pretty accurate perspective on game design to me!

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby KnightDriver » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:31 am

The sad thing is that there wouldn't be so many DI fans upset if they had just announced before selling the new playset and figures that they weren't compatible. While some would still be mad, most would understand. What a lot of folks are upset about is not being informed before they bought the new stuff.
KD
Friend me on PS4 (konkrypton) & Disney Infinity (KnightDriver)!

rank_50
KnightDriver
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Calysto » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:49 am

A full video dedicated to explaining Battlegrounds, it even has a chapter called "Compatibility". Yet not a single mention of (lack of) support to some platforms. That's quite shady and dishonest.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby adbe » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:24 pm

They're still selling the Apple TV version, and it's just about to launch on Amazon, with NO indication that people spending $80 or more will not get the full version of DI.

It's easy to imaging someone purchasing the starter pack, Battlegrounds, and a few figures, only to find that despite the unambiguous compatibility information written on all of the boxes, none of it actually works together.

Shady is definitely the word I'd use.

rank_0
adbe

Postby Stitch » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:37 pm

I may not be correct, but isn't Disney Infinity being on mobile pretty much limiting what Disney Infinity can do on consoles? They seem to want to make sure almost every game feature possible is on every device and I feel like great ideas could be dropped because of how limiting the mobile version might be...

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby adbe » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Except we're talking about the PC and the Apple TV, not iOS or Android. If the Wii U can run the latest 2.0 build of DI3, there's no reason why the PC or AppleTV can't.

And, since in the case of the AppleTV, people have paid real money for that system, as it was sold as 'console' version just three months back, it doesn't really matter how inconvenient supporting it is, Disney Interactive/Avalanche are treating their customers in a very underhanded way here.

rank_0
adbe

Postby dcp3y » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Harkens back to poor product communication in 1.0 & 2.0. Wii not supporting multiplayer in 1.0. Discontinuing Wii & 3DS after 1.0 and Vita one and done in 2.0. Seems like they are swimming in too many streams. Just go ahead and dump PS3, Xbox360, and WiiU while you're at it so we can have a true latest gen console game.

Sorry to those impacted, but this has been going on since DI came out of the gate. Track record speaks for itself. If they didn't' have the Mouse House IP/creative content behind them, they would have folded by now.

rank_100
dcp3y

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys