PC Support Dropped

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: PC Support Dropped

Postby Infinirama » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:28 am

Sorry, everyone. I wasn't actually predicting support for the WiiU was being dropped. And you are right the 360 and PS3 are behind the WiiU. But there are plenty of people still using the consoles so I doubt they would pull the plug on any of them.

I was really trying to point out the uncertainty of what has happened. One day we are waiting anxiously for our preorders and the next day we are done.

rank_50
Infinirama

PC Support Dropped

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:32 am

Just double checked and Microsoft said they would be dropping 360 support in 2016 so would make sense that 3.0 is the last infinity on that console, think PS3 is the same.

Wii u is a tough one to call especially if the rumours of nx coming late 2016 are true, the wii u isn't as capable as the current gen offerings from Microsoft and Sony so had parts of the game removed (the hub section is all that's popping to mind at the minute). So it's possible support will be dropped for it too and move onto the nx.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:22 pm

As a proud Wii U owner, I will concede that Nintendo is quicker than Sony or MS to drop support for legacy consoles - 2.0 only came out on Wii U, while both versions of PS and XBox have received support through 3.0. The precedent is that as soon as there is a new Nintendo, that's the only console actively being supported.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Infinirama » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:53 pm

However it happens for the current batch of legacy consoles, I just hope DI has felt enough negative feedback to make sure players know when their platform is being dropped.

I'll say this a million times if I have to. I never expected to play DI forever on my 4th generation Apple TV, but when I bought it five months ago I thought we would at least be supported through the current version. And I certainly didn't think DI would allow me to purchase all the new stuff and find out I wasn't supported when I placed the items on my base. I've spent a lot of money and time on this game and expected better treatment than these ridiculous PR tweets. When I did contact support all I got was "Sorry (literally just the word sorry)"! Would a free digital figure make it better?

rank_50
Infinirama

Postby PerryTheMonkey » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:05 pm

I do not think that in this regards that Nintendo is quicker to drop support, but developers stop making the games. With both incarnations of the Wii platform, Nintendo struggled to get adequate 3rd party developers to make games.
Technically the support for the Wii ended after the last Skylanders game came out.
The support from Infinity on legacy systems is more their choice. There are exceptions as some updates may have to go through the system networks first, but things like Apple TV support is squarely on the Infinity team.

rank_50
PerryTheMonkey

Postby Melzinoff » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:31 pm

The first Wii Platform had a ton of 3rd Party devellopers, what are talking about? It was FILLED with Shovelware games. Though not usual publishers worked on that console but it had more 3rd parties than other consoles. Which means less quality games, but it attracted a lot of developpers... Exactly like the mobile platform nowadays.

rank_0
Melzinoff
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby TheANvil » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Does this mean that they will no longer come with web codes and the cards associated with those codes?

I quite like the cards, so I'll be disappointed if they no longer do them.

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Hanzo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Is there any data out there that shows the amount of players on each platform?
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:52 pm

The issue with older consoles like 360/PS3 is the companies don't want new content on it, push the new consoles to get you to upgrade, these consoles are over 10 years old... Wii u has struggled since it came out and once nx rumours hit, it's been dropping like a rock, though Nintendo really should have dropped console prices to encourage a last minute spurge ... Having a Wii u at the same price as X one & ps4 was just silly

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys