Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things.

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Info on scrapped rogue one play set and more lost things

Postby Megara » Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 am

Well the only things I'm sad to miss out on are the story mode and the Moana playset. Finally they were planning on making a playset for a Disney film that wasn't Pixar. The fact that they passed up on developing more than a couple figures for Frozen, Big Hero 6, Wreck-It Ralph, and Zootopia was ludicrous. Some of those were perfect for a playset and were massively popular.

So Moana would have been nice, but everything else I can live without. MORE Cars, MORE Thor, MORE Guardians, and MORE Pirates?! Jeez.

The $45 giant editions of things released years ago sounds ridiculous and I doubt they would have sold well.

rank_0
Megara

Postby Hopeless » Fri May 13, 2016 9:38 am

One question given they were suggesting releasing Nemo with the DI 1.0 power discs to simulate an underwater environment why didn't they do the same with the Tron figures?

I mean if you're willing to do that with Nemo why not a Tron version and throw in the exclusive discs also dating back to DI 1.0?

That's more likely to be sold as not many of us picked that up given that was before we realised what you meant by exclusive... (well ok me only then! :oops: )

What figures would they have released with that Rogue One play set?

Moana does sound interesting, not so keen on the rest much more likely to buy a Crystal Buzz Lightyear than any of those variant figures and I have the Light FX Darth Vader figure thank you!

No chance the companies designing those two play sets could release them separately as they're more likely to get their money back if they're able to get the figures done themselves?

Was the Alice in Wonderland release a play set as I assumed they were toy box only figures?

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby pjhaan » Fri May 13, 2016 10:29 am

Alice figures are toy box only. Dory and Nemo are the play set.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SuperKitaroShinX » Fri May 13, 2016 11:56 am

There has got to be a Genie Lamp so I can wish Disney Infinity to open again, Is reviving a game franchise in the same rule as reviving someone from the dead?

Anyways, I've always wanted a engaging story mode where you can play as any characters you want, Toy Box Takeover did not really count because my only problem with that one is that it's really short, The Toy Box Story Mode however looks like it's gonna have more to it, but nope, Bankruptcy has to ruin everything.

rank_50
SuperKitaroShinX
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hopeless » Fri May 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Doesn't sound like they learned their lessons from the previous editions of Disney Infinity if they thought 12" variant versions of their regular figures was going to sell well enough?!

Maybe they should have considered letting their best toy box game creators design their own play set even if they turn it into an expansion game like Toy box Takeover.

Would any of you would have liked to see that as an incentive had this gone to another edition of Disney Infinity?

If not what would you have preferred to have seen suggested?

rank_250
Hopeless

Postby Stitch » Fri May 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Incredible how Dipper and Mabel STILL weren't going to be added, unless details on them just haven't been released yet. They say they weren't selling enough figures like Yondu but they also completely ignored the requests of thousands to have Dipper and Mabel. Those would have been arguably their top selling figures, considering all the hype surrounding the idea of them being in Infinity.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby rogpalmeruk » Fri May 13, 2016 4:40 pm

That's one way of boosting 1.0 characters skills but gonna be honest the 12 inch figures sounds a big mess, way too big ... The rest of it is such a disappointment

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Fri May 13, 2016 5:22 pm

How would a 12 inch figure even fit on the base?
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Hopeless » Fri May 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Could have released Mabel & Dipper in a 3.0 Toybox starter set I wonder how much more difficult it was to create expansion games than an actual play set?

Hey what if they rereleased the gravity falls power discs with a Mabel & Dipper set like they did with Frozen would you buy it?

Maybe there's some kind of separate lead that can allow it to register on the base regarding those oversized figures?

rank_250
Hopeless

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys