Ten Reasons EA Should Save Disney Infinity

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Ten Reasons EA Should Save Disney Infinity

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun May 15, 2016 7:45 pm

I don't care how it happens. Give me JV, the Disney infinity team, the figures, and the game.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Conscience1940 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:37 am

Best thing about EA taking over, we won't get an abundance of characters but we will get quality of characters we want - Peter Pan, Darkling Duck, Scarlet Witch etc.

Tron?!? Stil not over it.

rank_50
Conscience1940

Postby Tilarta » Mon May 16, 2016 2:30 am

Now I am wondering if that was a problem, not the amount of figures produced, but the variety in characters.
Rough estimate, I only purchased half to the figures they sold because the other half weren't characters I liked.
So maybe they would have sold more if they increased the number of released characters.

There is a Marvel game I don't play anymore, but the players kept making the mistake of assuming I had purchased all 50 playable characters when in truth I'd only purchased 25.
Based on that and Disney Infinity, I'd assume that 50% of the offerings is all I will purchase.

But how would you rectify that in the future?
From memory, it takes 18 months to produce a figure from scratch.
If you wanted to release multiple figures at once, you'd have to increase the size of the design team to compensate accordingly.

And since Tron was raised, what about Tron Uprising?
No figures, no playset and the tv series was axed with only the first season released.
On a cliffhanger too, just in case they weren't being mean enough......

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Mon May 16, 2016 2:40 am

Has anybody thought about the Prospect of Sqaure-Enix possibly Saving Disney Infinity as an option? They were working together on putting Kingdom Hearts content in Disney Infinity after all.
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Letthewookiewin » Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 am

In response to EA not having a good standing with gamers, I totally understand. Trust me when I say that I'm the furthest thing from an EA fan. There's a reason they were voted Most Hated Company a couple years in a row just a few years ago. At that time their sports games were little more than roster updates. I still blame their rushed production schedules for the degradation of the Mass Effect series. I blame them for having Bioware make SWTOR instead of a proper KOTOR 3 because they knew an MMORPG could earn more. I hated them for granting sequels to generic shooters and refusing to commit a sequel to a truly innovative game in Mirror's Edge until recently. I hated the Origin client on PC and their refusal to release games on Steam.

But I like to believe companies, like people, can change. And honestly I feel EA has made strides in the right directi. There are other companies that I definitely like more, but I still feel EA is the one in the best position to make such a move due to their current financial situation, and one of a couple publishers with enough resources to give Infinity some stability.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Postby DizExplorer03 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:34 am

I love how we are making progress here. Disney Infinity truly is a game that is special to us. This has to be the best that it could be.
@letthewookiewin Any particular date that you have planned to submit it?

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Letthewookiewin » Mon May 16, 2016 5:45 am

It's going to be submitted by tomorrow evening at the latest. Please all give it one last thorough read and send any suggestions my way. I do appreciate all of your help.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Postby DizExplorer03 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:12 am

Sure thing. In the mean time, my team and I have been doing our best to spread the word of Disney Infinity all over Twitter. It's a bit like having our own Resistance from a Star Wars film. We are making some progress, but we do need some more help. Be happy if anyone here on the forums will be happy to join us. It will be highly appreciative.

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheANvil » Mon May 16, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm doing what I can to show support to Infinity. I'm at @MLFoxwell on twitter. Keep fighting the good fight.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys