Ten Reasons EA Should Save Disney Infinity

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Don't be surprised if EA gets the Infinity license

Postby CJ1045 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 am

It might be the highest earning but it might also be the most loss making.

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Charlee » Sun May 15, 2016 12:49 pm

As cool as it would be, cannot see it after the name of the game has been tarnished. They would have just said "Ea to take over infinity development" as opposed to "cancelled".

As much as I want them to take it over though.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sun May 15, 2016 1:38 pm

I reread it this morning and found a few additional spots that could be improved. Again, nothing major. Small changes to help with readability and professionalism.

In point one, you should spell out "Two hundred" when starting a sentence.

In point four, say "in most industries" instead. You should also mention the Moana play set.

This may be a personal preference but I would recommend removing contractions like "I'd" (point five) and "you're."

When using numbers, small numbers like 1 and 2 (point 9) should be written out as one and two.

The last sentence in point ten could be split into two sentences:

"EA has a legacy established in its sports division. Now they have an opportunity, at the crossroads of gaming history, to take the Toys to Life segment to infinity and beyond."

I hope this helps and does not offend as that is not my intention.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Letthewookiewin » Sun May 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Charlee I don't think the name has been tarnished. Try to think of this as merely the closure of any game publisher, as Disney Interactive was, and now the games that Disney Interactive had are up for grabs if anyone wants to grab them. If a game's name was tarnished after a publisher and developer closed games like Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, and NFL Blitz would have never seen any new releases after Midway closed. The NBA 2k series would have ceased to exist when Sega Sports closed. Prospective new publishers understand the tenuous nature of the game industry. And in this case everyone knows that Disney Interactive had problems stemming from a poor decade of sales and decision making. Disney Infinity wasn't the reason the publisher closed and Disney changed their strategy. Disney Infinity was given the impossible task of trying to right a decade's worth of mistakes, and the miscalculation of demand for 2.0 figures was simply the straw that broke the publishing camel's back.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Postby Letthewookiewin » Sun May 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Pjhaan. Definitely no offense taken. The reason I brought this to the board is to get feedback. I think of myself as a decent writer, and I understand this article has to be on point for there to be chance of publishing on mainstream gaming sites. I thank you and wreckit for the constructive criticism. Pj you're a great editor and proofreader. New draft will be up soon.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Postby Gillbob316 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:11 pm

^I just had to say this as a fellow Grammar Nazi...

I actually hate the forced removal of contractions, and wish that English teachers would stop pushing kids to do it.

I have always felt that oftentimes removing contractions from an essay/article disrupts the natural flow of many statements. That is to say, the flow with which the writer intended them to be "heard" (in one's mind)

There ARE oftentimes moments when we, as humans find it more natural to say things like "I'd" and "you're" and forcibly changing them to "I would" or "you are" just makes the statement sound wooden and disruptive to the reader, who's trying to imagine the sentence coming out of an actual person's mouth. Or at times the change may just cause the statement to read differently than the author originally intended.

I dunno, as you said it's somewhat a matter of personal preference, but I think any English teacher with a stick up his/her butt will usually favor the removal of contractions. Wheras I prefer to write with a more... natural cadence? I guess? I'll oftentimes ignore grammatical rules in favor of something that reads like the thought I'm actually trying to convey.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Letthewookiewin » Sun May 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Gillbob316 I appreciate your feedback. I have often struggled with striking a balance between being grammatically correct and maintaining a relatable voice for the reader.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Re: Ten Reasons EA Should Save Disney Infinity

Postby Letthewookiewin » Sun May 15, 2016 6:07 pm

To make things easier I have moved the latest draft of the article to the original post. I will continue to make changes to the original post so the latest draft of the article is easy to find. Thank you all for your help.

rank_0
Letthewookiewin

Re: Ten Reasons EA Should Save Disney Infinity

Postby Tilarta » Sun May 15, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm uncertain if EA is a good choice for a sponsor.
They don't have a good reputation amongst gamers.

Also, they go a bit overboard with their authentication software.
I can't even start up Mass Effect 3 without having to start EA's Origin launcher first.
Although that might not be an issue here, as Origin seems to be PC only, it doesn't exist on consoles (they are trying to do that though!)

I wouldn't mind if they just paid the bills and left the company alone to make the product as they see fit.
Basically, a non-interference policy.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys