Multiple versions on same console?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Multiple versions on same console?

Postby ScubaTrek » Sun May 15, 2016 3:39 pm

I only started playing Infinity with version 3.0. Now that they're discontinuing, my daughter is disappointed that there will be no more playsets. We'd like to play some of the older playsets. If I get version 1.0 or 2.0, can I install them on the same console as my 3.0 so I can play the older playsets? I guess I'm asking if the later versions act as upgrades to the older versions, or will they install as separate programs?

rank_0
ScubaTrek
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Multiple versions on same console?

Postby pjhaan » Sun May 15, 2016 4:20 pm

They would be separate. I have all three for the Wii U. 1.0 will only play 1.0 figures, play sets and power discs. 2.0 will work with 1.0 power discs and figures but the play sets from 1.0 WILL NOT work.

The play sets and expansion games will only work on the version they were created for.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Multiple versions on same console?

Postby ScubaTrek » Sun May 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Ok, Great. That's what I was hoping for. Now I'll start getting the 1.0 and 2.0 software and playsets, and by the time we've worked through those, maybe someone like EA will have acquired the license to revive Infinity.

Thanks a bunch.

rank_0
ScubaTrek
Main Console: Xbox 360

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys