CLU was planned as a playable character

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: CLU was planned as a playable character

Postby Vidia » Sat May 21, 2016 4:43 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say that CLU was a confirmed figure.

Looking at the demo reel above, I notice that the character effects in it are all from 2.0 characters. I suspect that CLU was probably planned for 2.0 but dropped then, rather than being someone they were actively working on at the time of the game's cancellation.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Sat May 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Still pretty painful to hear about all these things that were possibly (if not outright going to be) happening in Infinity...

Clu does look pretty awesome to play as.

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby David Gunn » Sat May 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Yeah, I'm sure maybe his development was at the same time as Sam and Quorra, but i don't know if i could say those are only 2.0 effects, i mean he is battling stormtroopers which is another phase of development one would assume. Not to mention that had Infinity been allowed to continue, there certainly could always have been a possibility to bring CLU in as a figure, since he's a villain. CLU had already been put in the BOSS fight of the PC version.Infinity has always had some form of TRON content in all of its three iterations. So the possibility was there. I mean the whole car crash that was TRONGATE was because they made digital only figures(at the time) and then seemingly made them exclusive to one platform. People reacted against that, rightly so. I think that maybe by the time Infinity 4.0 was established they might have been in a position to then fully grow the franchise outside of always being current movie tie ins. they could have, following the DLC model, had the freedom to go back and mine past characters and bring them in even if only being toy box only figures that would participate in their new story toy box mode. Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Darkwing duck, CLU etc. Seeing CLU like this shows he was far beyond just being a concept, I think Damean had said on his youtube that they never printed the body, but he didn't say anything about where on their timeline that happened. Still CLU is a perfect example that could probably be applied to so many characters known and unknown for what would have or could have been the future of DISNEY INFINITY. And its a painful, glaringly painful reminder of the demise of this franchise.

rank_0
David Gunn
XBL ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:52 pm

Old-school Tron tanks and Clu....

This cancellation gets more and more depressing as time goes on.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys